Telecom wires under future driveway.

/ Telecom wires under future driveway. #31  
Around here the power companies follow the far edges of the easement and bury deep. The telephone company follows the path of least resistance (even down the middle of the road), and buried 6" - 36" deep.
Power company will bring in bulldozers to clear trees and stumps so they aren't too close to the road. Telephone goes where it is easy (and usually in the way for road work)

/ Telecom wires under future driveway. #32  
If line isn't buried per NEC code, it's on the company that owns it to get it to proper depth. I went round and round with Comcast. Their contractors were trying to bury at Shovel depth! I kicked them off property and fired up the executive offices about not per code! Low and behold, a crew came out and put in per code. They'll take the easiest route for sure any time they can.

/ Telecom wires under future driveway. #33  
Our inspectors here wont enforce any codes on telecom installs……except fiber. Dont know why, but never have. They could care less if they laid it on the ground and covered it with leaves.

for electrical, the pull out tape measures.

/ Telecom wires under future driveway. #34  
After having the spots marked take pictures of the flagging. Speaking from experience I had some stuff flagged installing conduit for my broken service wires. I still cut a phone line and noticed it but had no idea if it was a legit in service wire. It was my neighbors phone. The phone company repaired it and were cool about it but the tech said it's a good idea to take pictures of the flagging/markings before digging.