Traction TC55 / DX 55 Tire Traction ????

/ TC55 / DX 55 Tire Traction ???? #11  
I just got rid of my 55, it had R4's and while it was in for one its many warranty issues they gave me a 55 with R1's. Big difference. Go right for the R1's. Good luck with the 55, I traded mine back in and got a TN-75...what a tractor...

/ TC55 / DX 55 Tire Traction ???? #12  
DeerhunterF350,

I bought a TCDA48 with R1's about a month ago. I also wanted to use a turning plow and was concerned with the width of the tires. I also read some complaints about the lack of space when hooking up implements due to the width of the tires. I've only put about 15 hours on it doing mostly FEL work. Very pleased with the tractor and its traction. A little light on the rear even though the tires are loaded, so I hooked up a scrape blade for some extra ballast.

Unless you're going to do a significant amount of finish mowing, I'd go with the R1s. I liked the idea of R4s on the front and ags on the rear. I thought about that before I purchased, but I was having "issues" with my dealer, so I didn't pursue it.

Good luck. Hope you're as happy with your purchase as I am with mine.

Tarheelman

/ TC55 / DX 55 Tire Traction ????
Thanks for Everyones input.

Tarheelman, I have been following all your posts about the ToothBar and your pre-purchasing Questions. I noticed that you took the leap and Signed on the dotted line last month, But I have not seen any pictures of the new machine.

Have you got that Tooth Bar polished nice and bright yet?

How bout some Photo's?

/ TC55 / DX 55 Tire Traction ???? #14  
DeerhunterF350,

My tractor was delivered early last month and I've on been able to put about 15 hours on her. Just been too busy for pictures. Leave to go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. I'll try to remedy the picture situation Saturday.

The toothbar is nice and shiny. I've taken up some old fence lines and plan to replace it with new this spring. I've pulled up posts, grubbed up some saplings, skidded logs, piled brush, etc. I'm very pleased so far. The toothbar really bites into the ground and is useful in piling brush. It acts as a rake when I dump the bucket, put the FEL in "float" and back up. Even the little stuff. I also used it to pick up and move small felled trees. Kinda acts as fingers.

The other thing I really like is 4wd. Several times I have started to spin with the rears, but I only need to drop it in 4wd and the tractor will push or pull through without any problems. My only concern is that mine is a little light on the rear with the R1's. As far as the 48 vs the 55, so far the 48 has been perfect for me. In the spring I plan to do some light haying, so we'll see how it goes then. As compared to the Ford 3000 I was used to, it seems to be a lot more tractor, especially the 4wd.

Good luck on your decision and keep us informed.

Tarheelman