TC48DA Radiator

/ TC48DA Radiator #1  

IH3444

Veteran Member
I went to the Antietam Open House, and had a wonderful time. Tractor movies playing, nice lunch with chocolate milk. I was climbing up into all the tractors on display, especially the very large Ag tractors with cabs. They had a TC55DA EHSS on display, and I was looking at the placement of the turbo, and oil cooler just for interest between the 55 and my 48. I noticed that the 55 has a plastic tanked and aluminum radiator like my car does, and I know that my TC48 has this all metal industrial radiator like my IH3444 construction backhoe. Didn't know if NH has changed the radiator design, or that the 55 gets the aluminum radiator to help it exchange heat faster. Can any of you report back about your radiators. I could see that having a turbo would create more heat for the engine, hence the oil cooler, and aluminum fins on the radiator. Just an observation. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ TC48DA Radiator #2  
My TC55DA is built as you discribed. Here is a pic from underneath the hood. Just that my rad is black. So I don't think it would be aluminum. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 844056-P1000342.jpg
    844056-P1000342.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 156
   / TC48DA Radiator
Diesel Monk, that looks exactly like mine. The new TC55 also had a front screen in front of the radiator, and now also a plastic air cleaner.

/ TC48DA Radiator #4  
Do you have any pictures of that?

/ TC48DA Radiator
Nope, wish I had taken my camera.

/ TC48DA Radiator #6  
too bad. I really would like to see that.

/ TC48DA Radiator #7  
I see the intials EHSS. I cannot figure what it means and how it works? Is it a HST or some variant?
Bob

/ TC48DA Radiator #8  
This is from the New Holland web site:

"The reliable, easy-to-use 12 x 12 Synchro Shuttle Shift (SSS) transmission is standard on all models. It allows you to shift from forward to reverse without coming to a complete stop.

A 12 x 12 Electro-Hydraulic Shuttle Shift (EHSS) transmission is optional on the TC55DA (FWD only). It allows you to shuttle between forward and reverse without clutching."