TC48DA Air Cleaner

/ TC48DA Air Cleaner #1  

IH3444

Veteran Member
I was reading the concerns about the daily dust entering the front mounted air cleaner, and was thinking about installing an additional large K&N air cleaner with the over sock. The K&N is a very easy flow air cleaner. I was concerned about restricting the engine air consumption, and standard NH filters. I was also entertaining the idea of replacing the entire unit with an oil bath cleaner after the tractor is out of warranty. From my readings, it looks like an oil bath is still a great way to clean air. Any thoughts? The NH filters are expensive for the 48.

/ TC48DA Air Cleaner #2  
I started working on this little project for my tractor and I didn't realize just how small the space is under the hood. Not much room left to just add something to the intake port of the air cleaner. I assume we both use the same air filter. I don't think an oil bath filter will fit in there; actually I'll go ahead and tell you that you can't make it fit. Now that outta motivate you even more! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Figure it out and you'll be doin' us both a favor. Good Luck.

/ TC48DA Air Cleaner
Oh it's going to cost you. I'm already hot onto two solutions...., and there is plenty of room under that hood. It's huge! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif