TC45DA rabbit / turtle lights work but don't change range

/ TC45DA rabbit / turtle lights work but don't change range #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
A year or so back I had the switch in the joystick die... This is different. Both the fender switch and the joystick switch change the lights from rabbit to turtle and back but the tractor doesn't change ranges.
Figured before I spend too much time on this I'd post a question here and see if there's a circuit that others have seen as an issue. And learn a little more about what it is that flips the range anyhow... Figure it's a solenoid inside the tranission. So I'm a bit a feared about where this issue may take me!

/ TC45DA rabbit / turtle lights work but don't change range #2  
Look under the left side operator's platform for a loose wire going to the rabbit/turtle solenoid. That would give you those results and is something that has happened to me 4 or 5 times.

/ TC45DA rabbit / turtle lights work but don't change range
I was a bad community member... I posted for help before I even looked at the tractor (because I was so hot I just sat in the barn with a fan on and used my iPhone)... But I had it fixed as soon as I explored the wires - it was EXACTLY what jinman thought (before he even thought it!). But in the interest of helping future folks who search for the turtle / rabbit lights working but not changing ranges - here's where you look on the tractor and what the offending connection was. They are simply friction fitted plugs on these wires and one got pulled out. I did add a zip tie under there to hold the wires up a bit... they just sort of naturally dangle there and makes me REALLY surprised this hasn't happend before.
t1.png
t2.png

/ TC45DA rabbit / turtle lights work but don't change range #4  
Shazaam!:cool2::cool2::cool2:

/ TC45DA rabbit / turtle lights work but don't change range #5  
Perfect. Same problem and my search lead me immediately to this thread. Fixed. Thanks guys!