TC45DA and a plow

/ TC45DA and a plow #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
Question for the folks who own the TC45 and similar: How big of a plow does you tractor pull?

I have the opportunity to buy a 3 bottom plow or a 2 bottom plow. Want to go big - but not too big (of course I could always remove one bottom from the 3).

My TC45 has ag tires and the rear is loaded. Soil around these parts is pretty sandy. Rocks are round and the biggest is no bigger than a Nerf football. Little BX24 Kubota pulled a 1 bottom in these parts with no issue at all unless things were wet and the R4's loaded up.

/ TC45DA and a plow #3  
I use a 2-14 with my TC40DA, R4's in heavy clay. That is the same plow that was on my 8N, then my Ford 4000. My guess is you could pull the 3 bottom without a problem.

/ TC45DA and a plow #4  
I think with AG tires, you'll do fine with a 3-bottom. I have a 2-bottom because I inherited it. I've used it with my TC45D with R4s, and it was fine. With your tractor in low range, you'll find the ability to switch between rabbit/turtle while plowing is very cool. You will easily be able to tailor your power needs to the plowing conditions. In native soil, you may have to drop down to turtle, but in different soil, you can punch the button up to rabbit and go faster. Keep MFD engaged for all circumstances. I would sure choose the 3-bot if it was my decision to make.