3-Point Hitch TC45DA 3pt lift lever

/ TC45DA 3pt lift lever #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
You know - credit to these boards - I hardly waste any time looking at non-critical things that are questions on my tractors anymore - I just post here and go about my business... Mainly because this community will almost always have a faster an better answer than me screwing around learning how to reinvent the wheel!

So - simple one today - 3pt raise/lower lever... it's not as smooth as I would like it to be... old 8N used to just slide along... TC45DA sorta sticks and releases, so with a 6' Bush Hog on the back - things move faster and stop quicker than I'd like.

Trick to making it move easier - freer - less resistance? No obvious lube opportunities here.
Nothin is in the way. nothing is bent. Just "tight'.

As always - thanks in advance.

/ TC45DA 3pt lift lever #2  
Here's a link that might help. There are other threads that might be better and even have pictures, but I am on vacation and don't have all my resources to look up photos.

Lift Too Stiff

/ TC45DA 3pt lift lever #3  
Having the same problem with our 2003 TC45DA since it was new thought it would wear in it never did. Read Jinman's link has anyone found a solution to this problem other than tearing down the tractor or adding a longer handle for more leverage? Our TC45DA is used more than our other three tractors combined (all their 3pt levers work freely)from grooming our rings to mowing to snowblowing and it would be a great help if someone new an easy way to free this up.

Thanks Jack

/ TC45DA 3pt lift lever #4  
Jack, my way is easy. I'm home from vacation now, so I can attach a photo. The castle nut in the photo that is circled in yellow is the key. You have to remove a cotter key and then loosen this nut until your lift handle works smoothly. At that point, stop and put the key back into the castle nut. That's all there is to it. If you can't get to it, remove the right-rear tire and it's a "piece of cake" to get at. Try it, you'll like it!:thumbsup:

Attachments

• LiftStiffFix.jpg
    LiftStiffFix.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 715
   / TC45DA 3pt lift lever #5  
On my TC29D it is also tight. I hadn't worried about it, but this thread pushed me into looking at it. On mine, a couple of shots of WD40 on the pin that the actual lever is attached to as well as the other joints, and wiggle it back and forth 10 times made it MUCH looser.

/ TC45DA 3pt lift lever #6  
Thanks Jinman I'll give it a try in the morning and let you know

/ TC45DA 3pt lift lever #7  
Jinman that worked great wish I had asked about it 7 years ago instead of just dealing with it hoping it would loosen up. The hardest part was getting the new cotter pin back in due to the live hydralic remote valves/brackets. I was able to do it with out removing the tire using a 22mm open end and crows foot wrenches.

Thanks again
Jack

/ TC45DA 3pt lift lever #8  
....that worked great wish I had asked about it 7 years ago....

Awesome!:thumbsup: Everything seems simple once you know the solution. Aren't you glad you asked instead of waiting another 7 years?;)

/ TC45DA 3pt lift lever #9  
Yes its like night and day

Thanks Jinman

/ TC45DA 3pt lift lever
I just got back from vacation and if this is as easy as it sounds - it might be better than vacation! I'll report back and jinman - you may have 2 happy customers :)