Buying Advice TC45D Opinion / Advice requested.

/ TC45D Opinion / Advice requested.
this doesn't make any sense.

a skid steer (about any small size) has a 1/2 yard bucket and about a 2000lb capacity. A big skid steer (75hp plus) can easily run a 1 yard bucket and 3000lbs capacity.
a TC45 has a 1/2 yard bucket and 1650lbs capacity.

If you're worried about getting stuck, get a tracked skid steer, but the TC is going to get stuck too.

You said above you didn't want to get a 3 point backhoe (good move BTW, ) so how is a tractor going to do it all?

you can rent all those attachments (trencher, backhoe, harley rake) for a SS, you can't for an AG tractor.

long term rentals (1 week, 1 month) are much cheaper than per day. usually the rule of 3 applies. 3 daily rentals = 1 week's charge. $50 to deliver, $50 to pick up, not a big deal over a week.

I live in the woods, we have ruts, small stumps, mounds, etc. The tractor EASILY clears these, a skid steer not so much.

Out here it's rent 5 days get 1 free, rent 7 days get 2 free.
And delivery is MUCH more than that unfortunately.

I appreciate the advice, but I think a skid steer would severely limit what I want to accomplish now in the short-term and also in the future.

/ TC45D Opinion / Advice requested. #12  
TWD, do you realize that with a hydrostatic transmission the farther down you push the pedal the less power you have? It is the opposite of a "gas" pedal. I have a NH1920 with the 7308 loader and a 758C backhoe and have never had to use low range to go up a grade (even when the tires were loaded with calcium chloride. Bill C

/ TC45D Opinion / Advice requested.
TWD, do you realize that with a hydrostatic transmission the farther down you push the pedal the less power you have? It is the opposite of a "gas" pedal. I have a NH1920 with the 7308 loader and a 758C backhoe and have never had to use low range to go up a grade (even when the tires were loaded with calcium chloride. Bill C

If I had it even more than 1/2 way down it stalled. So, yeah I realize you can't just floor it and go :laughing:

My guess is the rental yard has the hydraulic pressure turned down to prevent abuse.

/ TC45D Opinion / Advice requested. #14  
Sounds a little like the rental has a cruddy fuel filter and you are not getting the omph you should. Well - it could be a lot of things but that's the place I'd have them start... something is out of whack with the tractor you have. The only time I get my TC45 to really bog with a load in the bucket is if I'm in High range and the rabbit is active - so high - high... that's just for empty loads and highway travel... other than that - you should have the power you need once you are out of the pile.