Traction Tc45d FWD Lock not engaging

/ Tc45d FWD Lock not engaging #1  

missesalot

Bronze Member
Tractor
tc45d
Hey all. Was moving some snow today with my Tc45d super steer and noticed that I was unable to get the FWD lock to engage. It operates fine in the FWD auto position. This is the lever all the way to the left on the left side. Does it make sense to start by removing and lubricating the cable? Any other ideas on troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you very much in advance.

/ Tc45d FWD Lock not engaging #2  
Can't help, but my TC40DA doesn't seem to be driving the fronts either so I am super keen to see what is recommended!

James

/ Tc45d FWD Lock not engaging #3  
Hey all. Was moving some snow today with my Tc45d super steer and noticed that I was unable to get the FWD lock to engage. It operates fine in the FWD auto position. This is the lever all the way to the left on the left side. Does it make sense to start by removing and lubricating the cable? Any other ideas on troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you very much in advance.

There are two 4WD engagements on the Super Steer models. One is a lever located left of the PTO lever, the other is a pull handle on the rear floor left side. When you pull up on this handle you engages the front axle bypassing the sprag clutch(one way clutch). The sprag clutch engages only when going forward. They are not 100% reliable and the sprag cams can slip in the cold.

Mike

/ Tc45d FWD Lock not engaging
There are two 4WD engagements on the Super Steer models. One is a lever located left of the PTO lever, the other is a pull handle on the rear floor left side. When you pull up on this handle you engages the front axle bypassing the sprag clutch(one way clutch). The sprag clutch engages only when going forward. They are not 100% reliable and the sprag cams can slip in the cold.

Mike

Yes I’m referring to the lever to the left of the pto lever and specifically to being able to put the machine into full time front wheel assist.

/ Tc45d FWD Lock not engaging #5  
"When you pull up on this handle you engages the front axle bypassing the sprag clutch(one way clutch)"
Incorrect, I didn't proof read it.
Corrected:
When you put the 4WD lever forward(lock) it engages the front axle bypassing the sprag clutch(one way clutch).
When you put the 4WD lever Back(auto) it drives the front axle through the Sprag clutch.
When you pull up on the left rear handle it mechanically locks the 4WD through the transmission.

Does the 4WD lever move freely?
Does the lever on the Sprag clutch(13) move freely when you move the 4WD lever?

Item #21 is the sprag clutch.

SS F Axle.png