TC40?

/ TC40? #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
I have a general question about a 2 year old (5 hours on it) 40 HP Boomer-style NH tractor... I have been approached with the opportunity of purchasing this "new but used" machine due to a death - I think the tractor + FEL pricing is insanely low compared to a new one... but to be honest have been orange and green, and old blue, since birth...

Is the TC40 a solid platform - anyone like it - thoughts? (and the "everyone needs another tractor" line isn't acceptable :) )

/ TC40? #2  
I bought my TC40Da in 2006, It now has approx. 260 hrs on it and I can tell you I have had no major problems with it and it does everything I would expect it to and more. It is my first tractor so cannot compare it to others. It starts nice (even in our wisconsin winters) Runs very strong and it seems to go forever on a tank of fuel. I use it to run a 6' tiller, 6'rotary cutter and a 6' box blade. It seems to do all of those things easily. I would buy one again. Tim

/ TC40?
Thanks Tim - this is one of those "deals" I feel is too good to pass up... I'm talking TC40A +FEL + 5' bush hog (still on pallet), PHD, 5' BB, 5' York rake and something else... 5 hours on tractor... winch mounted to the front of the frame...
For under $20K...

/ TC40? #4  
I did a LOT of research before I bought my T2310 which is the 2008 version of the same tractor as the TC40DA. Frankly, these NH large frame compacts are an excellent tractor by any standard.

The price you are able to buy the TC40 for is excellent. Had I heard of it before I recently bought mine, it would be in my garage right now. LOL! I wouldn't wait too long, it will sell quickly in that price range.

/ TC40?
Thanks for the responses - I finally talked to the "seller" last night as opposed to second hand info... the tractor is a TC40D - 5.3 hours - HST - 2000 model year...

Does that change opinions?

/ TC40? #6  
Thanks for the responses - I finally talked to the "seller" last night as opposed to second hand info... the tractor is a TC40D - 5.3 hours - HST - 2000 model year...

Does that change opinions?

It's a 2000 model with only 5.3 hours? If so, the tractor with loader sold for around $20,000 when it was new. The implements add up to about $8,000. Now, a tractor that has sat for almost 10 years will have some issues and there are a couple of NH campaigns to fix problems that the tractor will have missed. I would say you would want to return it to a dealer for a full service and checkout if you buy it.

If the 2000 is a typo and it's only a couple of years old, you are stealing it at $20,000. Get to the bank and get that tractor quickly. You'll be saving yourself almost $15k off the new price when you include the implements.

I own a 2001 TC45D with 1500 hours on it. I work it hard and it just keeps performing. They are excellent tractors, good size and good power.

/ TC40? #7  
i really like my tc45.......that sounds like a darn good deal.......for all intensive purposes, it's new....

/ TC40?
I hear ya on the "new" - looks like the next step is a trip to the tractor (maybe tomorrow evening) to jump the battery and drive it around for about 20 minutes or so - let her sit after exercising all speeds and hyro valves... and see what I see.
I'm not really worried about water in the oil as it's been stored in a temp controlled world for 10 years... more worried about seals, bearings, valves...