Oil & Fuel tc35d fuel capacity

/ tc35d fuel capacity #1  

Anonymous Poster

I own a TC35D and have questions on the fuel capacity. The specifications state something like 13 or 14 gallons. I had trouble with the fuel sending unit and have adjusted it by bending it to meet the actual levels, (best as one can estimate.) I have actually ran the tractor until the fuel guage needle was as low as it would go, and the tractor would not rev much higher than Idle and begin to stall on a slight incline. (This told me that the fuel was about gone.) Nonetheless, I was still only able to put about 8 gallons of fuel in. Is this a misprint in the specs or something that I need to pursue?

/ tc35d fuel capacity #2  
I've got the Boomer Sales brocher right in front of me and in the back under the heading SPECS is has 13gal(US) listed as Fuel Cap. I know on mine I add ~5gal at a time and it takes more than one to get it up to 1/2. I've not run it low on fuel so I can't be sure of what it's ture capacity.
BTW for a TC33d the fuel cap is listed as 7.3gal

g

/ tc35d fuel capacity #3  
How old is the tractor? Did you buy it new or used? Is it possible someone replaced the tank with a "non-standard" unit? Have you considered filling the tank then draining it completely (siphon into fuel cans or something similar) and measure the quantity? Sorry I only have questions instead of answers, but the quantity should definitely be 13 gallons on a TC35D./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ tc35d fuel capacity
Bought the tractor new. Still under warranty, so I will have the dealer look into it. Thanks for the feedback.