TC35D Cruise control magnet

/ TC35D Cruise control magnet #1  

LabLuvR

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5400
My tractor is in the shop for another problem. The dealer also says my cruise control magnet is shot. I need my tractor back soon and the shop is slammed so it may be a while before they can do the cruise control. For someone who has very little mechanical skills how hard is it to change out the magnet? I may just have them fix the original problem, return the tractor to me and I try to fix the magnet myself. Thanks!!

/ TC35D Cruise control magnet #2  
If you don't use cruise enough to know that it doesn't work, I would not think it was that critical. However, if you noticed it was bad and told them to check it, you priority might be higher. You can fix that magnet yourself, but it is in a very tight spot. My parts diagram says the two bolts holding the magnet bracket are 8mm. Here's a photo of the magnet in place behind the "B" shaped plate (1st image with only a link shown). The red arrow is pointing toward the magnet. You will need to remove the pedal return spring shown in the photo for clear access to the two bolts. The 2nd picture (with thumbnail) shows the spring removed and also the B-plate removed. You will not have the luxury of having this clear a view because you'll have to work with the B-plate installed and the operator platform won't be raised. I'd suggest looking at the area before trying to do the job, but you can't really do that easily unless your dealer's shop will let you take a look while the tractor is on their floor.

B-PlateIn.jpg

B-plate-02.JPG

/ TC35D Cruise control magnet
Thanks Jim! I use the cruise a good bit. I've seen your pics before and now with that great explanation, I'm going to just let the shop do it. For some reason when I tackle a mechanical problem they always turn out to be a lot more hassle than I imagined. Thanks again!