TC33D or TC40D w/Supersteer & FEL

/ TC33D or TC40D w/Supersteer & FEL #1  

Rockdog

Bronze Member
Tractor
2 Kubotas; One at business, one at home,(both for PLAYing) L3830 HST w/ 723FEL and BX23
First time post on TBN. Love this website! I need some help. I will be trading my 2000 Kubota B2710 W/402 FEL, R4 tires and 60" MMM and 178 hours. The 2 tractors I am looking at are as follows.

TC33D -SS, 7308 FEL w/68" HD Bucket, 72" MMM. R4 tires.
$7000 to trade up.

TC40D -SS, 17LA FEL w/72" HD Quick attach bucket, 84"MMM
with mid PTO option and R4 tires.
$11,950 to trade up.

What do you think of these prices?
I have gotten 4 different prices on the TC33D ranging from $7000 to $10,000 cash plus my trade. I feel that the TC40D price is high. What price is reasonable?

The Kubota B2710 has been a fine machine but I need more HP to do some commercial landscaping, mow 3 acres, Snow removal on our 1/4 mile blacktop road and snow removal of my business's parking lot which is 3 miles from my home. The test drive was a little different from the low ride of my bota, the Boomers are bit higher up. I do have some steep hills and am wondering if the Boomers are as stable, especially the big Boomer(TC40D). I really do like the look and the specs on the TC40D but it seems so big from what I was used too. Need to make a decision very soon and any advise and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I should look at a rear mount finish mower, especially for the TC40D - 84" MMM w/ mid PTO kit is about $4700($2900 for the 72" MMM on the TC33D).

/ TC33D or TC40D w/Supersteer & FEL
Ooops, I forgot to mention that all of the above are with HST tranny. Sorry about that, rookie mistake.

/ TC33D or TC40D w/Supersteer & FEL #3  
The D's are hydro anyway.
Go w/ the 40D,lots of lift capacity and can use SSL attachments.
I really like my 84" MMM on the 35D, it will leave around 43" uncut grass
when turning full lock which IMO is good.
After taking mower off couple times I have got it down to few min.off and
less than 5 min on.
I do less trimming w/ this set-up than my old L2900 and 6' woods RFM.
Don't forget the 2 speed cruise (class 3 only) works real good for mowing
and anything else.
I use an 8' rake and 16' drag behind mine for putting in yards.

/ TC33D or TC40D w/Supersteer & FEL #4  
The supersteer adds some significant bucks to your purchase. Are you sure it's necessary? Maybe you like the optional full-time 4 wd? Anyway, those are both fine machines with and without it. I have a 40D and yes it is a little large. I would be concerned if you need to get in close to buildings etc. The added hp is nice, but getting the bigger tractor could be a detriment. You know your business. Can a large CUT work OK?

/ TC33D or TC40D w/Supersteer & FEL
Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. Anyone have any thoughts on the price difference between the TC33D & the TC40D with the listed options?

/ TC33D or TC40D w/Supersteer & FEL #6  
This should give you and idea on the difference in pricing and attachments.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dot.state.mn.us/equipment/contracts/tr_cpt_utl/>http://www.dot.state.mn.us/equipment/contracts/tr_cpt_utl/</A>

/ TC33D or TC40D w/Supersteer & FEL #7  
I think the price and options on the 40D would be
the way to go.
W/ doing landscaping the almost double lift cap. means alot and
the quick-tach is great, forks for sod and different buckets.
I would get atleast 2 rear remotes added on for landscape equipment.
I can't recall the specs for flow on rock hounds or preparators but it could be used on
front of tractor like SSL and use box blade or rake on rear at same time.
I'm looking for older 7.5 or 8' meyers type snow plow to set-up on my SSL
(same as the 40D quick-tach) to move more snow and power angle.