TC33D Mower deck removal and linka arms for adding a Blade on 3pt lift.

/ TC33D Mower deck removal and linka arms for adding a Blade on 3pt lift. #1  

KurtN

Tractor
TC33D
Hello, I have a mid mount mower deck on my TC33D. I plan to use a blade with the tractor. Clearly since the mid mount raises via the 3pt lift arms I need to remove the mower deck so it does not go down with the blade.

To remove the 914A mower deck pins can be pulled and the link arms can be docked in the transport position. BUT if I am going to adjust the 3pt lift arms for the blade should I be removing the linkages and everything that attaches to the 3pt lift arms?

Does it make sense to remove all the linkages and pivot points as well? Worried about getting hung up on things.

/ TC33D Mower deck removal and linka arms for adding a Blade on 3pt lift. #2  
You can pin the deck in the up position with 2 pins, one on each side. You then can operate the 3pt as normal. If the deck still gets in the way, pull the 4 pins on the deck and remove it. I never removed any other bracketry or linkage.

/ TC33D Mower deck removal and linka arms for adding a Blade on 3pt lift.
Ruffdog thanks for the quick reply. Looking at the manual for the mower deck it says. "Make sure the the left hand tractor lift rod is pinned thru its highest hole" I think I want to move to the lowest pin for the blade. Worried this could screw up the mower linkages. Think it will?

Grant it I may not have to. The rear 3pt lift is always in float mode. I did not think my blade was going down deep enough and maybe that is because when I tested the blade the mower deck was holding up the blade. Thoughts?

/ TC33D Mower deck removal and linka arms for adding a Blade on 3pt lift. #4  
Normally, when the 3pt is all the way up, the deck is all the way up and the lock-up pin holes will align. If you change the 3pt lift arms like you say, it will try to raise the deck higher and there is not that much room. The mower deck will not keep the 3pt from lowering as the linkage adjustment rods (double nutted threaded rod at rear) will float in the linkage at the base of the 3pt lift arms. Even with the deck pined at the highest point, the 3pt arms will still drop very low.

/ TC33D Mower deck removal and linka arms for adding a Blade on 3pt lift. #5  
I use mine pinned up in place a ton. I usually pull it off for winter because even pinned up the tractor has fairly bad ground clearance. So if you hit a softspot the deck starts plowing real quick and brings you to a stop in a hurry.

/ TC33D Mower deck removal and linka arms for adding a Blade on 3pt lift.
I use mine pinned up in place a ton. I usually pull it off for winter because even pinned up the tractor has fairly bad ground clearance. So if you hit a softspot the deck starts plowing real quick and brings you to a stop in a hurry.
You saying you pull off the link arms as well during winter?

/ TC33D Mower deck removal and linka arms for adding a Blade on 3pt lift. #7  
You saying you pull off the link arms as well during winter?
I still don't know why a person would remove the link arms or mower deck linkage....ever. If the deck linkage hangs down too much that you are afraid it will hit something, just zip-tie them up out of the way and use the tractor.