TC30 clutch issue

/ TC30 clutch issue #1  

Godude

Tractor
New Holland TC30
I've got a New Holland TC30 that will only move in Low 1st gear. First initial issue was that the clutch seemed to be stuck in gear and would come out. Finally was able to get it to change gears and all seemed fine. Next time that I used it (2-3 days later), it would no move at all. I noticed that the brake was stuck in the pressed position and pulled it back into the unpressed postion and the tractor would only move in low/1st gear. The break pedal still doesn't seem like it is working (releasing all the way), but I have it pulled back as far i can. All springs appear to be attached and I am picking up some grease to lube all fittings today. The clutch pedal seems to be working normal; no play, good tension. Has anyone had an issue like this? Is it clutch or brake?

/ TC30 clutch issue #2  
A dry clutch pedal HAS TO HAVE FREEPLAY, USUALLY ABOUT 1-1.5 INCHES TO WORK PROPERLY.

Sounds to me like the clutch is shot and that always entails a split to replace. Have fun and get your wallet out if you ack the mechanical skill to do it yourself.

Why I never buy a used tractor without carefully inspecting it.

/ TC30 clutch issue #3  
I've got a New Holland TC30 that will only move in Low 1st gear. First initial issue was that the clutch seemed to be stuck in gear and would come out. Finally was able to get it to change gears and all seemed fine. Next time that I used it (2-3 days later), it would no move at all. I noticed that the brake was stuck in the pressed position and pulled it back into the unpressed postion and the tractor would only move in low/1st gear. The break pedal still doesn't seem like it is working (releasing all the way), but I have it pulled back as far i can. All springs appear to be attached and I am picking up some grease to lube all fittings today. The clutch pedal seems to be working normal; no play, good tension. Has anyone had an issue like this? Is it clutch or brake?

5030 has a good point. Could be clutch is going and maybe brakes need addressing as well. The brakes seem to be internal on your model and if there are pieces of it moving around in the transmission housing it might be causing problems with shifting. We would need more info.

Have you checked brake linkages to make sure they are moving well? Perhaps drain some oil out of the transmission and inspect for debris.

/ TC30 clutch issue
Respectfully 5030, I did not buy the tractor used. It's been in the family for over 20 years. I understand the costs of splitting the tractor and replacing the clutch. I was hoping for some suggestions on what to check before jumping into a full blown clutch replcement.

Loggin, I feel like the brake might be associated somehow and thats what I have been trying to troubleshoot. It seems that something is causing the brake to stick and its action doesn't seem right. Haven't had the chance to lube up everything yet (work getting in the way), but I will keep you posted. If you have any other thoughts, let me know.

/ TC30 clutch issue #5  
Go through the brakes and get them working properly first. They're a lot cheaper than splitting the tractor and if they're not right now you'll need to fix them even if you do split the tractor.

/ TC30 clutch issue
So, I've just greased the brake spindels and the brake pedel is retracting on its on a little better. I drove the tractor a little and its moving a little better no and I am even getting some movement in low/2nd gear now. Still nothing in med. or high gear yet. I feel like i may need to adjust the brak linkage possibly. Does it seem that I am on the right track? Again, clutch pedal seems to be normal and all gears/linkage appear opperatiing to be normal.

/ TC30 clutch issue
...sorry for the bad grammer there. Obviously thinking faster than I was typing. Forgot to add; gotta leave to go out of town, so it may be a couple of days before i get back on it.

/ TC30 clutch issue #8  
...sorry for the bad grammer there. Obviously thinking faster than I was typing. Forgot to add; gotta leave to go out of town, so it may be a couple of days before i get back on it.

Just trying to understand things a little better so please bear with me. I am assuming the tractor has a geared transmission and is not hydrostatic.

Are you having trouble shifting the transmission into gear?

Or, is the tractor not capable of moving forward in a higher gear due to some sort of load being placed on the drivetrain by the brakes or soemthing else?

Or is there possibly a loss of power?

/ TC30 clutch issue #9  
He has two issues. The brakes are dragging, and the clutch is slipping.

/ TC30 clutch issue
Just trying to understand things a little better so please bear with me. I am assuming the tractor has a geared transmission and is not hydrostatic.

Are you having trouble shifting the transmission into gear?

Or, is the tractor not capable of moving forward in a higher gear due to some sort of load being placed on the drivetrain by the brakes or soemthing else?

Or is there possibly a loss of power?
Thanks for you post; geared transmission, no problems shifting gears, only will move slowly in low 1st & 2nd gear and also in reverese.