tc29d steering wheel

/ tc29d steering wheel #1  

spitter

Platinum Member
Tractor
simplicity legacy tc29d,Tc45d,Cs 2520
I have a tc29d and the steering wheel telescoping knob wont budge.Does anyone know how to free it up? dont want to force it and break something.

/ tc29d steering wheel #2  
Are you talking about the part that raises it up and down or the one that you use to move and tilt it forwards and backwards? My up and down froze up a few years ago and I put a shop rag and a large pair of channel lock pliers on it and it came loose without too much trouble. I repaired my forward and backwards one (moves the whole column forward and backwards) twice and it's broken again. Luckily, it was in a comfortable position, so I just left it this time. I have a tc33d which I am guessing is the same steering wheel assembly. Let us know what you do and good luck.

/ tc29d steering wheel #3  
try a search- lots of posts on this
Jim

/ tc29d steering wheel #4  
Both up and down, forward and back,,,, from the day I joined this forum people complained about the New Holland 25, 29 and 33 has had issues with this. So I have always moved mine around to help keep them free. Well until this last winter and now both are frozen up. :( Hopefully I can free them up on my own.

/ tc29d steering wheel #5  
That's a shame. I wish I knew how to help. Have you tried a little "Brutane" on them??? As a retired orthopedic surgeon, we always said in the operating room, if brute force didn't work on the problem, it's just because you haven't used enough of it! LOL