TC24 vs. DX 24

/ TC24 vs. DX 24 #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
Sorry if someone else has already made this comparison, but what is the difference besides paint? I looked at both the New Holland and Case-IH recently and the NH is 3k less. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ TC24 vs. DX 24 #2  
Grab the red and run! When you get into bigger machines TC's have supersteer, and DX's don't.

/ TC24 vs. DX 24 #3  
There is no practical difference between the TC24DA and the DX24 as they are mechanically the same machines. Headlamps and paint color are the real differences. Case/New Holland makes both of them via a contractor in Japan (Shibura) and assembles them in the US. Pricing is set by the dealers, unless you have fondness for one color or the other, buy the cheaper one. Both are excellent little tractors with fantastic front end loaders.

/ TC24 vs. DX 24
That's what I thought. I am sure I can dicker the red down some, but probably not 3k. I have a Farmall and wouldn't mind a new one for a stable mate. I really like the quality of the loader. I am sure the NH is similar? I was also looking at a Kubota B7610 and B2410. This is really turning out to be a tough decision...

/ TC24 vs. DX 24 #5  
The DX and TC loaders are identical. The tractors are basically identical. In some places the DX is cheaper than the TC, in other places it is more expensive. . . at least those are the reports here on TBN. I would suspect that they are priced to the dealers at or very near the same price.

The B7610 or 2410 are lighter tractors and have lower capacity loaders. Both are nice, the 2410 has more features and compares in features more like the DX or TC, but it does not have their capacity.

/ TC24 vs. DX 24 #6  
Was looking to add another tractor and looked at the TC55 and the DX55, both with the loader and quick attach, the New Holland was $2900 higher here. The DX was about the price on Ebay and the dealers on there.

Needless to say my NH1630 is the from the same place the quoted higher. I can still buy the equivalant NH for less money than I paid for mine six years ago. Have only been in a once or twice a year for filters or the 90 degree oil cooler hose and steering shock. The salesman did not remember me when I was shopping for the new tractor. Guess I was not informed as well as I am now with this board.

Right now looking at the Kubota 4630GSTC, mainly for the creep gears and the cab, feature for feature, it is priced about the same as the DX is and the same dealer as the DX. The salesman did not remember me the second time I was in after three weeks. So much for the small town atmosphere here, the area is about 100K plus for population.

/ TC24 vs. DX 24 #7  
Sorry, I misread your original post. I read it the the Red was 3k less than the Blue.

/ TC24 vs. DX 24
I figured that. The Case-IH dealer is 28 miles away. There are no NH dealers withing 40 miles of me. That's a long way to drive to get filters and stuff. I do like the NH though. The view from the seat of the NH and Farmall is the best I have ever seen. The loader quality is better than any of the other makes. JD has the two-pedal hydro which I really like, and the dealer is located <10 miles from where I work. I even drive by it on accasion going from one office to the other. I also have a JD GT and it's handy to make a "one-stop shop". Still, I really like the NH and the Farmall.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ TC24 vs. DX 24 #9  
One thing about buying what you like is that you won't regret the purchase.

As for the distance to the dealers, you can do a couple things. When you buy (from whoever you buy from) make sure they toss in free pick & delivery during the warrenty period. If you are doing your own oil changes, etc, have them throw in the filters & fluids for the 50 and the 100 hour changes when you buy the tractor, that way you won't have to go back to the dealer for a little while. Remember that the NH and the CASE filters, fluids, and mechanical parts are identical so you can buy your tractor at one, and the maintainence supplies from the other.

/ TC24 vs. DX 24
Your wisdom has once again proven itself. I am now heavilly swayed by the NH. Way back when, I really wanted a 1520 or a 1920, but I was swayed toward the CC.
I decided to go with the hoe because they are just too much fun to pass up. Besides, I can't get the 555 into all of the places I need to /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif