tc21d and 300hr service

/ tc21d and 300hr service #1  

PBMAX

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC21D
Been diggin around and had no luck yet so I thought i'd be lazy and ask...

Has any one done the 300 hr service on the tc21(hydro)? I'm trying to determine what type and how much fluid to by and such. So I know how big a drip pan to have handy. I'd hate to have a 3 gallon pan and 20 gal of fluids.

when looking at the manual yesterday it looked like it holds quite a bit of fluid. (big suprise in a hydro hugh? ;-] )

unfortunally it list the systems in one clump (for the 300hr sesrvice) and then gives you break down by a long dealer part # and the fluid amount for each... At least I think that what it's doing. (Don't they know I'm a project ov ally bamy ed-u-ma-cation.) ;- )=
Not looking at it right now will look it over again Sat.

Why can't they just post each system per service time and its fluid type / amount and filter? sheeeesh.....

My local new holland dealer is now all kubota.... drats... besides i would rather do this my self but like to plan ahead of course...

Last edited:
   / tc21d and 300hr service #2  
I did the 300 hr service a couple weeks ago on my TC18 and used almost 7 gallons of hydraulic oil. That is on the 6x2 transmission. For the front axle final reduction gear case get yourself an oil can you can squirt the oil in with unless you have a long thin funnel. I used a turkey baster.

Solo

/ tc21d and 300hr service
solo, 7gal for the 6x2 hmm makes me wonder now even more about the amount for the hdyro... it's has to be a fair amount.

did you go with NH fluid or some other brand? I was thinkng about that OTHER sinthetic mention on here often... for the hydro...

/ tc21d and 300hr service #4  
I use the New Holland brand fluids. Buying the OEM stuff gives me a reason to visit the dealer.

Solo

/ tc21d and 300hr service #5  
In my TC18 manual, Section 4 lists among other things the capacities of each fluid system in US qts/gal and liters.

Guy.

/ tc21d and 300hr service #6  
   / tc21d and 300hr service
Thanks for the feed back all... I didn't get a chance do to honey do last weekednt to go thru the manual in detail. I'll have to see how this weekend lines up... If not I may just get the dealer to do this one... the 1st time around. Though as i said, I would preffer to do it my self... time permitting.