TC 30 owners invited to contribute

/ TC 30 owners invited to contribute #1  

jedjoe

Silver Member
Tractor
new holland TC 35A 2004
My neighbor just joined the NH community with a purchase of 2003 TC30 and 7308 FEL. I've invited him to join TBN and hoped any TC30 owner out there might want to say a few things (both good and bad) about their machines and pass on some wisdom. So, if you have a story to share, or advice to offer this new owner, feel free to post. Many thanks.

/ TC 30 owners invited to contribute #2  
My neighbor just joined the NH community with a purchase of 2003 TC30 and 7308 FEL. I've invited him to join TBN and hoped any TC30 owner out there might want to say a few things (both good and bad) about their machines and pass on some wisdom. So, if you have a story to share, or advice to offer this new owner, feel free to post. Many thanks.

I have a TC -29D with FEL and the only problem I have had is with women...they seem to chase me on the tractor, whereas when I am on my JD -3020 I don't have that problem...It really upsets my Mrs....but hey, what can I do ?

Your neighbor will enjoy his new tractor and if he wants to service it himself it is very user friendly. Mine is a 2000 model and has 386 hrs. on it now and has been a real workhorse with no problems. Be sure to tell your neighbor to keep his clutch depressed with a piece of wood or something if he is not using it for a while to keep the clutch from sticking. :thumbsup::laughing:

/ TC 30 owners invited to contribute
A 2000 with only 386 hours?? Wow! Does it live in carpeted and heated garage, too? He'll be glad to know his TC is such a babe magnet, but I agree his Mrs. will not be amused!

What's the deal with that clutch? And, BTW, who IS John Galt?

/ TC 30 owners invited to contribute #4  
Hi Everyone,

I drove the TC-30 over to my farm on Saturday and you can pretty much imagine what I did on Saturday and Sunday.

I am SOOOO happy.

My first order of business is to find a bush hog, and then to install the block heater for the winter.

My biggest problem is not with women, but with my 16 year old son.

/ TC 30 owners invited to contribute #5  
This is my first tractor, so please forgive my ignorance.

I need a ball hitch (hoping this is the right term) so I can tow a wood chipper and trailer.

Do you buy such a thing from a tractor supply house or a trailer hitch place? Any recommendations for an online source?

With best regards,

Ken

/ TC 30 owners invited to contribute #6  
You want to tow the wood chipper and trailer with your tractor? Something like this will work nicely:

Tractor 3 Point Trailer Mover Receiver Hitch LTH1A

/ TC 30 owners invited to contribute #7  
You can buy a horizontal draw bar from TSC and a Hitch ball to make the contraption I made below about $30. You need to keep the bar from rotating so some how you need to tie it to top link or lift arm.

JC,

You'll be happy with your TC-30, it is a great no frill easy to work machine.

/ TC 30 owners invited to contribute #8  
Thanks both of you for your help. I'll check both things out.

/ TC 30 owners invited to contribute #9  
This is my first tractor, so please forgive my ignorance.

I need a ball hitch (hoping this is the right term) so I can tow a wood chipper and trailer.

Do you buy such a thing from a tractor supply house or a trailer hitch place? Any recommendations for an online source?

With best regards,

Ken

Doesn't the TC30 come with a permanent fixed drawbar? If the tongue on your chipper and trailer is long enough, this might be all you need. For a lot of my towing, I don't both to get out the 3-pt drawbar/hitch attachment and simply use this. If I need a longer tongue so as to stay furhter back from the wheels (especially on a sharp turn), or require the ability to raise and lower whatever it is I'm towing, then I throw on the 3-pt. I'm guessing though I only use the 3-pt version about 10-20% of the time as the fixed drawbar works good enough for most everything else.

/ TC 30 owners invited to contribute #10  
Keep in mind that the 3 point arms only apply a lifting force. If you load your trailer tail heavy the 3 point will not keep the tounge down. I've been very happy with my TC30.
Enjoy!