tc 29d steps

/ tc 29d steps #1  

spitter

Platinum Member
Tractor
simplicity legacy tc29d,Tc45d,Cs 2520
I have a tc 29d and i recentaly had both knees replaced makes climbing in and out of tractor a challange .Is there any steps offered either original or after market? Anybody have home grown pictures or ideas? GREatly appreacited.:)

/ tc 29d steps #2  
New Holland offers for sure a left hand (foot) step and maybe a right side one. You might not like the price, but they are offered.

/ tc 29d steps #3  
Northern Tool has a universal flip up tractor step. Don't know if it will work for you but it's a start....

/ tc 29d steps #4  
If you get on and off at the same location, like a shed you can get a plastic 2 step stool for about $10 and set it by the rear tire just outside the front tire track and get on the tractor and back out away from the step. Then when coming back to the shed drive back to the same spot to dismount. It works for me. Step stools available at home depot and other stores.

Similar to this, http://www.homedepot.com/p/Easy-Rea...tep-Stool-300-lb-Load-Capacity-PL-1/203247301

Great for at least tempory use until you find something better. I use a 2 step like the lower one in the link.

/ tc 29d steps #5  
Bought my TC 33D used and did not want the mmm, and asked about a step. The Parts man showed the original equipment step and instant sticker shock set in. He then brought out this step and I walked out the door $15 lighter. It was actually longer and I cut it down with the appropriate angle and attached it to the existing tabs. I dug out the sales receipt and got a part # of 86401196. MESSICK's list it in stock (only 1, better hurry) for less than $30. A TRACTOR HOUSE parts search list a few other dealers around the country with it in stock. See what you think.
IMGP0796.JPGIMGP0797.JPGIMGP0799.JPG

/ tc 29d steps
:cool:Looks realy good.Gives me ideas how to make my own .A little insite goes along way . Also curious about engine block heater cord shown in picture. is it original or after market? Original says the cord is removable ?I dont want to crawl under tractor every time i plug it in . Or does the original stay there? thanks for great pictures.:thumbsup:

/ tc 29d steps #7  
Cord can stay with tractor and usually does. But it simply plugs into the element and can be removed seasonally or replaced separately from element.