TC-25

/ TC-25 #1  

sparc

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158, JD Ztrak 737. 6X4 Gator
Went to auction today and my friend picked up a NH TC-25 with belly mower for $3600.
I'll post a pic later.

I saw two BX-2200's each with a belly mower go for ~$5k each.

I bid on a Toro Dingo with std bucket but when the bidding went past my limit and I dropped out.
At $6500 it went for more than it was worth. I have been watching for one and bid on a couple
over the past year. This one was in rental service and had some hours on it and showed some
signs of not so tender loving care like serious scrapes in the paint, dents in the bucket, etc.

/ TC-25
IMAG1103.jpg

IMAG1104.jpg

IMAG1105.jpg

Cellphone camera shots so not the best quality.
Its a TC-25D with 914A rear discharge MMM.

/ TC-25
I think your friend got a screaming good deal as long as there is nothing major wrong...best of luck to him...he should feel good in my opinion.

Its only been a couple days but he hasen't remarked that he has found anything wrong other than minor cosmetic stuff. But then again maybe I should be concerned because he wants to trade me for my tractor (75 2000 gasser) plus a couple hundred. He says he wants something bigger to handle a 7' box blade for maintaining his drive and pushing some snow in winter and he does not want the MMM. For me, all I use mine for is mowing so I am wondering if I might be better off with the TC25D and use the MMM or my 72" RFM. It's got a gear tranny and only 2WD, but for what I have to mow that's not a problem, no slopes to deal with, easy mowing and only a couple acres.

Well, I said in a previous post that it is a TC25D, but maybe its just a TC25 since its gear and not hydrostatic drive. Can I tell the difference from the photos? I can certaintly find out when I look at it again but until then now I am wondering which it is. I found a post where someone asked what the difference was between a 29 and 29D, and I'm thinking that would probably apply to this TC25 too.

Last edited:
   / TC-25
Well for good or bad we made the swap, my Ford 2000 for the TC-25, time will tell if I made the right move for me.

/ TC-25 #6  
Well for good or bad we made the swap, my Ford 2000 for the TC-25, time will tell if I made the right move for me.

It seems the TC-25 is better suited for your purpose and you sure got a newer tractor out of the deal....after you use it awhile let us know how you like it....I love my TC - 29 and it has loved me so far...it is a 2000 and I bought it new..50 hrs. on it...and I have had it all these years...no big problems and it now has 400 hrs...Good luck with it...nice looking tractor...let us know.

/ TC-25 #7  
That's a good looking tractor, should be a great mower.