TBN & Catalina OSx upgrade for Mac

/ TBN & Catalina OSx upgrade for Mac #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
I've just "upgraded" my home computer -a Mac pro - to Apple's newish Catalina operating system.... Version 10.15.3.
Previous upgrades didn't affect the way the computer worked online, but with this change about half the online sites that I visit result in the "spinning beachball" - which is the apple symbol means the site has crashed on my computer and I need to exit & do a reboot.

Unfortunately, TBN is one of the least stable sites now.
It doesn't work at all well with this new Apple Mac and Catalina OS.
Anyone else having similar problems? Have you worked out a fix?
rScotty

/ TBN & Catalina OSx upgrade for Mac #2  
Try installing Firefox web browser. I find it will load JavaScript laden websites that tend to choke on safari. TBN works ok for me but Im still on 10.15.1. I am resisting any upgrades because apple seems to provide more problems than solutions in recent years. Getting new emojis is less important to me than a stable operating system.

/ TBN & Catalina OSx upgrade for Mac #3  
I have an Apple computer and Catalina 10.15.3. I have found that while Safari is a great browser - there are times when it is DEFINITELY not the best nor fastest.

I'm accessing TBN, right now, using OPERA. I also have Firefox browser. Between Safari, OPERA & Firefox - I prefer OPERA.

I've had no real problems with Catalina 10.15.3 other than some occasional Safari situations. The only real "problem" - it does take a while to download and instal larger software upgrades since I have HughesNet as my IP. As I remember - it took about an hour to download and instal 10.15.3.

BTW - I've also found significant variances based upon the brand of anti-virus software you might be running. If you have anti-virus software - turn it off and see if that helps. If it does - and you still want that protection - I'd be looking for an alternate brand.

/ TBN & Catalina OSx upgrade for Mac #4  
When I tried to load Catalina,inadvertantly, as I am a very low tech redneck, it messed up everything on my iMac. I called in the it dept.,my wife, and she ended up calling Apple support and after about an hour got rid if it. The tech from Apple said that he would advise us to not load any upgrades because they were having a lot of trouble with them.

/ TBN & Catalina OSx upgrade for Mac #5  
No problems here, seems stable and working great.
Good luck

/ TBN & Catalina OSx upgrade for Mac #6  
   / TBN & Catalina OSx upgrade for Mac #7  
I should have noted the machines (thanks MikePA, didn't think about that)
2 Macbooks airs, 1 MacBook Pro

/ TBN & Catalina OSx upgrade for Mac #8  
I “upgraded” to Catalina for about 2 days and then went back to Mojave. Catalina is a P.O.S.

/ TBN & Catalina OSx upgrade for Mac #9  
I ç*¥pgraded to Catalina for about 2 days and then went back to Mojave. Catalina is a P.O.S.

If apple made tractors, every time you do an upgrade would be the equivalent of taking your tractor in for 200 hour service.

When you get the tractor back home you would discover that the foot pedals are now called smart inputs, you can only operate them by swiping with your foot, and they are now located behind the operators seat.

All your 3PH attachments will no longer work because the Apple says the vendors need to update the connection point locations and the PTO shaft to accommodate a more efficient 5 spline design.

Your loader joystick wont operate anymore when you are driving because its safer that way. You can bypass the safety by turning off the tractor, installing the battery backwards, and restarting it. Occasionally you will have to do it again because it will suddenly stop working for no reason.

You will have to buy a new barn/garage to park in because the old one is no longer compatible with the software update.

And if you buy an apple ZT mower then you will have to leave your tractor running within 30 meters of the ZT mower for it to work.

And Fanboys will be flooding the news groups with posts on how awesome the new updates are and saying how they are looking forward to the new apple tractor because apple has invented and patented THE tractor cab that revolutionizes open station tractor design.