Tazewell, worth the trip?

/ Tazewell, worth the trip? #11  
I enjoyed visiting the folks at Tazewell, but it's been a lot more than 2 years ago, and right now I can't remember just when it was. Of course, we were visiting my wife's family not too far from there, so I drove over there one day just to see what the place and people were like. I was quite favorably impressed.

/ Tazewell, worth the trip? #12  
If you are coming down I81, you will drive right past Due South BBQ,, 1465 Roanoke St, Christiansburg, VA 24073

We live in Roanoke, and make the trip about a half dozen times a year!!

Google Search

You WILL NOT be disappointed!! :thumbsup:

/ Tazewell, worth the trip? #13  
If you are coming down I81, you will drive right past Due South BBQ,, 1465 Roanoke St, Christiansburg, VA 24073

We live in Roanoke, and make the trip about a half dozen times a year!!

Google Search

You WILL NOT be disappointed!! :thumbsup:

It's been ages since I last visited Burke's Garden in Tazewell County. Assuming that it hasn't been developed, it would be worth a visit while you are in the area -- Burke's Garden, Virginia - Wikipedia

thumbprint.jpg

Steve

/ Tazewell, worth the trip? #14  
Very interesting, the next time I go down to Tazewell I will have to check it out

/ Tazewell, worth the trip? #15  
   / Tazewell, worth the trip? #16  
It had not been developed when I was there. One small store in the hole volcano. One road in.

I can't find much on the Web about the Black Watch Cattle Company scandal (Fed. Sec. L. Rep. P 97,99gilbert Tucker, Lucille Tucker, Moses Katcher, Albert Segaland Adelaide Segal, Plaintiffs, v. Arthur Andersen & Co., Defendant-appellant.arthur Andersen & Co., Defendant, Third-party Plaintiff-appellant, v. Joseph A. Bonura, Empire National Bank (as Successor Ininterest to County National Bank), Lynda Dick (as Executrixof the Estate of Jack R. Dick), Aristocrat Angus Ranch, Benr. Houston, and Charles D. Alexander, Third-party Defendants,herman L. Meckler, Third-party-defendant-appellee, 646 F.2d 721 (2d Cir. 1981) :: Justia), but I hope my memory hasn't failed me when I say the tax shelter was leasing land in Burke's Garden when the scandal unfolded.

"Dick is alleged to have embezzled approximately $3,000,000 from Black Watch through a series of schemes that predated any negotiations between Black Watch Farms and Bermec. Dick submitted inflated invoices for livestock purchases, forged his suppliers' endorsements on cashiers checks, and diverted the proceeds for his own use. Dick also made excessive warranties and representations to customers of Black Watch, which exposed Black Watch to large potential liabilities."

Steve

/ Tazewell, worth the trip? #17  
It had not been developed when I was there. One small store in the hole volcano. One road in.

Well, yes, sort of...
I took the one road in from the north (VA 623), but also drove the 900 lb, 1700cc Harley Street Glide out the other "road" (VA 623) to the south. Wasn't sure I was going to make it a few times. Thaaat was interesting!

Tazwell's to Marion "Back of the Dragon" (VA-16) is a great two wheeled ride too!