Taylorway Pittsburgh 220 finish mower issue

/ Taylorway Pittsburgh 220 finish mower issue #1  

Jfarrar23

Tractor
Yanmar ym165
I recently bought a used finish mower (taylorway Pittsburgh 220 48") and one of the spindle bearings went out within a couple hours of mowing. I have replaced them twice. I cannot find what the actual bearing should be I only found an exact one that the previous owner had replaced it with. My question is can I replace the entire spindle (for both blades) with ones that are similar in dimensions? I cannot find any parts for this thing.

Attachments

• image000000(1).jpg
    image000000(1).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 105
   / Taylorway Pittsburgh 220 finish mower issue #2  
Have you contacted HOYE Tractor? They have a lot of CUT tractor and implement parts.

I purchased all of the parts from them for my finish mower.

I also found this

View attachment 700135

Last edited:
   / Taylorway Pittsburgh 220 finish mower issue
Just checked out the website with no luck. I'll send them an email in the morning.

/ Taylorway Pittsburgh 220 finish mower issue #4  
Download the pdf manual, it has the parts list, I am going to bet you can cross reference the part numbers

/ Taylorway Pittsburgh 220 finish mower issue
Yeah I searched all morning for the 813413 complete spindle assembly and found two sites, both said out of stock, one was $168 the other $331. Can I just buy a very similar spindle assembly and replace both sides? I would be using both original pulleys. Mounting holes are pretty darn close.

/ Taylorway Pittsburgh 220 finish mower issue #7  
Are the bearings bad? If so, find a machine shop to press out the shaft and have them install new bearings. Just make sure you buy quality American made bearings and seals. It doesn't appear to have a grease zerk in the drawing. If there isn't a grease zerk, have the machine shop install one in both spindle housings.

My Caroni has hoses mounted to the deck that makes it easy to grease without having to remove shields.