Planters Taylor (Midland) Pasture Dream

/ Taylor (Midland) Pasture Dream #1  

Limbhangers

Tractor
Ford 5200
I was looking at one of these drills for sale and likely would need some work. I know they have a following and I was able to pull up some threads from a couple years back with board members tossing around an owners manual.

For anyone with experience with one of these drill how well do they work and would they work with anything other than grasses such as peas or sorghum? Don't know if the manuals include anything related. For that matter If anyone has a manual they could share please let me know I'd like to look at it.

Are the wear parts a major problem to source?

Thanks for the help.

/ Taylor (Midland) Pasture Dream #2  
If you are still interested in information on these planters/drills I can help you out.....I have had trouble logging in for quite some time but if this gets to you I can help if you are still interested. You can get the main ware parts from R&H machine the plow points 220 and the seals that are attached to the back of the plow boots. The chain is common you can get it from tractor supply and other farm merchandise stores. I have manuals for the both the Taylor and Midland units.

/ Taylor (Midland) Pasture Dream #3  
I am new here. Just bought a Midland Pasture Dream M-4 and would like to find a manual for it. I have a copy of the manual for the F series but its not entirely applicable to my unit. Anyone have a manual for my model?

/ Taylor (Midland) Pasture Dream #4  
If you are still interested in information on these planters/drills I can help you out.....I have had trouble logging in for quite some time but if this gets to you I can help if you are still interested. You can get the main ware parts from R&H machine the plow points 220 and the seals that are attached to the back of the plow boots. The chain is common you can get it from tractor supply and other farm merchandise stores. I have manuals for the both the Taylor and Midland units.
I was reading you post and i have just purchased a Taylor Made F-4 pasture dream. It seems to be in good shape, I has a large box and a small box for smaller seed. It has 4 coulters, tubes integrated with no till horns, and 4 packing disks. The small box in the back has round tube holders or where you can attach tubes, but no tubes. I have seen on other F-4 that had tubes on the back box but they just went to the ground and layed over the packing disk axle. I am needing any information that you can provide on this and possibly a owner's manual or some sort of manual if you could send me a copy. My email is bluebel1@yahoo.com. Thank you John Gammage, Brenham Texas.

/ Taylor (Midland) Pasture Dream #5  
I just bought a midland PDf5 and don't know how to set the seed drop setting. manual refernces 1 thru 8 settings. how do i know where the set points are ? Any help would be appreciated. Larry

/ Taylor (Midland) Pasture Dream #6  
I took the mechanism off mine and use a small hydraulic cylinder to open/close the doors. I did have to reduce the flow enough to slow it down so not to slam open/shut.
It is a good enough planter to fix up for planting duck holes. I did get the tips from R&H but haven’t put them on. Also need to replace the coulters.

/ Taylor (Midland) Pasture Dream #7  
do you have a facsmile of the information plate for adjusting ( 1 thru 5)flow of seeds ? mine is there but's illegible. Thanks

/ Taylor (Midland) Pasture Dream #8  
Just found it

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpeg
    IMG_0230.jpeg
    611.1 KB · Views: 148
   / Taylor (Midland) Pasture Dream #9  
I have a Taylor F4 would it be possible for me to get a manual for it?

/ Taylor (Midland) Pasture Dream #10  
Send private message to me with your email and I will send the F4 manual. I have the F4 with custom mods
Kneedeep