taurus CT G2 carbine in 9mm, magazine question? uzi mags?

/ taurus CT G2 carbine in 9mm, magazine question? uzi mags? #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
anyone got one of these?

I hear some people say they will take a uzi mag.

I hear others say no.. still others say an uzi mag will fit if modified.

yet others say only proprietary taurus mags...

/ taurus CT G2 carbine in 9mm, magazine question? uzi mags? #2  
Surprisingly, the carbine doesn’t use any of the same magazines as any other Taurus 9mm handguns. They use a simple design with a small cutout at the rear to engage with the ambidextrous magazine catch. This means that the aftermarket will have to develop magazines for these carbines as well.
I read the gun weighs over 9lbs. I read that the gun weighs 6.6lbs. Seems like it should be really light. I do not own one. I'm sure I won't buy one.....unless.....

Taurus CT9 and CT40, new info about capacity (VIDEO)

/ taurus CT G2 carbine in 9mm, magazine question? uzi mags?
from what i understand.. some people are trying to mod an uzi mag to fit.. I think that would get you into the 32 rnd range. I havn't seen a moded mag yet.. though.. so could just be smoke...

/ taurus CT G2 carbine in 9mm, magazine question? uzi mags? #4  
Wow! Another reason for living out west and having your nearest neighbor 4.5 miles away!

why?...

/ taurus CT G2 carbine in 9mm, magazine question? uzi mags? #6  
An alternative that has been out for a few years is the Beretta CX4 Storm.
CX4-Storm-Rig.jpg
It is compatible with 92FS magazines and you can get up to a 30 round magazine from Beretta or a 32 rounder from ProMag.

a lil more spendy though....

/ taurus CT G2 carbine in 9mm, magazine question? uzi mags? #8  
Get what you pay for!

/ taurus CT G2 carbine in 9mm, magazine question? uzi mags? #9  
I've often been allured by enticing thoughts of purchasing a pistol caliber carbine, .40 would be my preference, but when it comes down to figuring out the spending part I just can't justify it over the two M1 Carbines I already have. The M1 about the same length, same weight or lighter, but delivers 7.62 goodness with almost twice the velocity and energy. Also available in 5-40 round mags.

m1carbine.jpg

Get what you pay for!

sometimes.. not always.

price does not denote quality...

while it is true that in general higher quality costs more than lower quality.. i have certaintly seen less quality goods sell for more $ than higher quality goods.