Buying Advice Talk me out of a new 4052R cab/hst w/440 loader

/ Talk me out of a new 4052R cab/hst w/440 loader #1  

espacef1fan

Silver Member
Tractor
Shopping for a tractor
I was pretty well sold on a Branson 20 series cab/hst as the local dealer was offering a lifetime power train warranty on them, he us out of stock currently though. I also genuinely like the build/specs/features and especially the price of the Bransons. I also like the no ecu involved nature of the engine.

However.

My local JD dealer has a 2021 4052R with a 440 loader, with 0% financing which makes the monthly cost similar to the Branson.

So my concern is that the JD being more complicated will have more issues over time which is a concern to me as I plan on keeping this tractor for 10-30 years depending on what life throws at me. On the other hand I had a 1975 JD1120 for awhile that seemed reliable in spite of neglect/farmer maintenance.

What say you team green ? Is the 4R series good or problematic?

/ Talk me out of a new 4052R cab/hst w/440 loader #2  
If you can swing it, I'd say go for it. JD's 3R and 4R series are segment winners in large compact tractors, no doubt.

/ Talk me out of a new 4052R cab/hst w/440 loader
Well I went and looked at it.

I was somewhat unimpressed, especially with the door seals falling off both examples they had on the lot.

Hard pass on this one for me.

/ Talk me out of a new 4052R cab/hst w/440 loader #4  
gut instincts and first impressions give great insight.

My needs for a tractor are much smaller in scale than yours. I have an old JD lawn tractor (can't kill that thing) and a newer Kubota.

For me, the brands that won my criteria when tractor hunting were John Deere, Kubota and Kioti - part of that was dealer locations, and the connection that I had with them. The decision process for comparable machines, came down to features.

Happy shopping

/ Talk me out of a new 4052R cab/hst w/440 loader #5  
Resale value will be much greater on the JD i would think.

/ Talk me out of a new 4052R cab/hst w/440 loader #6  
Are you considering cross shopping other brands now? JD is great for name recognition and resale value. But if you're not shopping for those, there are some great values to be had from LS, Branson and TYM tractors.

Are you considering cross shopping other brands now? JD is great for name recognition and resale value. But if you're not shopping for those, there are some great values to be had from LS, Branson and TYM tractors.

Yes I’m currently looking at Massey 2800Ms and Branson 20 series.

Resale value will be much greater on the JD i would think.

That’s why I went there to look at it but I can’t bring myself to buy one after what I experienced.

My budget option is the Branson and the resale option is the Massey.

/ Talk me out of a new 4052R cab/hst w/440 loader #9  
I cant imagine a 4 series JD being even close to the same price as a branson 20 series, our local JD dealers lots look like ghost towns, Empty. You might have to get whatever you can find in this market. An Ls dealer told me his friend at JD told him it could be a yr before they get back to normal inventory.

I cant imagine a 4 series JD being even close to the same price as a branson 20 series, our local JD dealers lots look like ghost towns, Empty. You might have to get whatever you can find in this market. An Ls dealer told me his friend at JD told him it could be a yr before they get back to normal inventory.

It cost more but at 0% the monthly payment was quite close….