Talk about white knuckles #2

/ Talk about white knuckles #2 #2  
That would be a stressful encounter for sure, thanks for posting.

/ Talk about white knuckles #2 #3  
What was the CQ TE at the end of the video all about?

/ Talk about white knuckles #2 #4  
Whew...should have drop the bag.

/ Talk about white knuckles #2 #5  
I'd probably have to change out my underwear...

Yeah, bears ain't the only ones who do it in the woods! I don't think many of us flatlanders know just how powerful a bear can be. I remember an old documentary...I think it was called something like "The Grizzly Man"...a guy who studied the grizzly and got so familiar that he got careless. I think they found part of his spinal column was all.

/ Talk about white knuckles #2
Yeah, bears ain't the only ones who do it in the woods! I don't think many of us flatlanders know just how powerful a bear can be. I remember an old documentary...I think it was called something like "The Grizzly Man"...a guy who studied the grizzly and got so familiar that he got careless. I think they found part of his spinal column was all.

When I spent time in an area where I knew I could come across a brown bear, the only time I would want to see them is looking through binoculars.

I don't know for certain, but the guy I think you're talking about was a complete flake and idiot IMO...

Timothy Treadwell - Wikipedia

Watching that video I posted, if that child would of ran, can't help but think he would become a playtoy and may of not of survived just if the bear was "playing" with him.

A brown bear on the run is faster than you can run:D Just imagine if they only weighed 180 lbs.

Out of curiosity, a follow up on the bear in the video above...

After 2-year absence, is grizzly 61 back in Grand Teton National Park? | Environmental | jhnewsandguide.com

Anyway you cut it IMO they are majestic animals. That said, I both respect and fear them.

Last edited:
   / Talk about white knuckles #2 #10  
In Montana we already have had a few Griz/Human encounters so far this year, one just a few days ago in Big Sky, MT.

Here's a video from a few years ago FWP releasing 2 Grizzly Bears, the second one (about 1 min. 30 secs.) just shows they do not always run away.

KC