T6 FEL Question

/ T6 FEL Question
They are $3.89 now. Two are on the way so they will be here when I have a chance to deal with it. Saving me that much money qualifies one for my new best friend. Thanks! Hopefully Terramite used the same joints on the 2wd as your 4wd.

/ T6 FEL Question #22  
I have a T6 parts book and it lists the same part number for the 2 or 4 wheel drive.

/ T6 FEL Question #23  
Dart the machine looks great! I'd love to know more!

-What repairs did you have to resolve along the way?
-What paint did you go with? Did you sand blast it? How did you move it outside for painting?
-How did you mount the tires? Did you paint the wheels before mounting?
-Did any of the bushings need work?
-Did the diesel or hydraulic tanks needs cleaning?
-Where did you get the new stickers?

/ T6 FEL Question #24  
As far as repairs, the loader was the biggest issue. The pumps, motors and engine didn't need any work so they all just got cleaned and painted. The valves and cylinders were all gone through and it got all new hoses and all new wiring. Everything was sandblasted and epoxy primed. I used Case Power Tan from the Case dealer, I didn't care for the bright yellow it was. The Case paint is good stuff and not real expensive. I used some universal hardener in it, makes it dry better and makes it a little tougher and fade resistant. Moved it around on a little trailer I have pulled by one of my Cub Cadets. Mounted the tires by hand after painting the wheels. The fronts were easy, the rears a real pain. A few of the bushings were shot and I had to re-bore the holes and make new bushings. Both tanks were removed and flushed out. I got the stickers from Terramite but that was about a year and a half ago and they didn't have everything.
Boring some bushing holes-
100_5511.JPG
100_5512.JPG

/ T6 FEL Question #25  
Great work. Bushings are one thing Terramite left out of their TLBs. Kubota and other companies have replaceable bushings on their pivot points. A worn point for them is the simple matter of popping in a new bushing. What steel did you go with for the pins and bushings?

Did you sand blast the parts that didn't fit in the cabinet? How did you lift the frame onto the trailer?

Are the tanks not welded to the frame on the T6? Any tips for mounting the tires without marking the paint?

/ T6 FEL Question #26  
I used 4140 prehard for the bushings and chrome plated 4140 prehard for the pins. I cut the welds on the pins in the lathe to remove the retainers from the old pins and welded them on the new ones. Every thing got sandblasted, the big stuff got done out in the yard with the pressure pot. The tanks are bolted to the frame. The seam sealer between the frame and tanks was coming loose and the was some rust in between I wanted to get cleaned out. 4 big jack stands and a couple of lengths of 2 inch pipe got it up high enough to roll the trailer under it, then blocked it up between the trailer and frame and let the stands down until it was sitting on the trailer. The trailer is only about 3 feet wide by 5 feet long. No matter how hard you try, the rim paint is gonna get some scrapes. After the tire is on I put some wedges between the tire and rim and touch up the paint then wait a day to air up the tires and seat the beads.

/ T6 FEL Question #27  
I was thinking about the bushings today. As another way to do it, can the old bushings be removed by gouging out the weld on the perimeter with a torch and welding a new bushing in place? Instead of boring and sleeving?

/ T6 FEL Question
Even after freeing the linkage and nothing in a bind, I still wasn't happy with the feel of the FEL control. Raise and lower were fine but the spring for dump and roll back was way too stiff. Made this mod today and worked it for a few hours. Completely satisfied! The additional 7 or 8 inches of length provides just enough leverage to make operating the front bucket a pleasure rather than a chore.
6F1D3FE4-A2FD-4730-8FF8-89F5E4D8A01A.jpeg