T264 - THF oil has bubbles/foam in the sight glass

/ T264 - THF oil has bubbles/foam in the sight glass #1  

natewheeler499

Tractor
2023 TYM T264 HST
Hey everyone,

I'm new here to these forums. Bought a house on several acres a few years ago. It's a diamond in the rough, so recently I pulled the trigger on a new tractor, a T264 with backhoe, to get some dirt moved, among other things.

Anyway, I'm brand new to tractors, but man they are so freaking cool and fun as hell. But yeah, so after some research and consideration, I went with TYM to try and get the most for my money (hopefully that pays off haha). I'm a big DIY guy and plan to properly maintain this tractor, so it will have a long, healthy life.

So far I've got 11 hours on it, and everything has been great! I've nothing to compare to, but this seems like a very capable machine, I'm impressed with what I've been able to do between loader and backhoe, in only 10ish hours.

My problem is with the hydraulic oil, I was using the loader the other day, and I noticed bubbles in the sight glass at the top of the oil. I didn't notice any difference in the controls (I've read they can feel spongey with air in the system). Once I parked it, they cleared up fast, within 5 or so minutes. I've attached a picture of the sight glass.

What could be causing this? Is it normal?!

Thanks on advance!

Nate

Attachments

• 20230609_184835.jpg
    20230609_184835.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 67
   / T264 - THF oil has bubbles/foam in the sight glass #2  
That's normal, most don't clear up so fast though. My last tractor had a sight glass and I really didn't like it. I would check the fluid level by being on a flat surface, loader and 3 point lowered, and after sitting for a while (usually over night).
My current tractor uses a dipstick, which is my preference.
Enjoy your TYM tractor!