T post straightener

/ T post straightener #1  

Sam V

Tractor
Mahindra 3525
Years ago when I was a kid I helped straighten some t posts with a devise that was no more than a long handle with a hook type attachment on it. We would place the hook around the t post near the ground and push down. the leverage whould straighten the t post up without loosening the post in the ground. I now have about 300 posts that need to be straightened but can't find this devise or anything similar to it. Any one have any ideas where to find one or other ideas of straightening the posts? I had a steer that liked the grass on the other side of the fence better than mine. :(

/ T post straightener #2  
Is this what you described.

A re-bar bender might work also.

Attachments

• t-post.jpg
    t-post.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 466
  • t-post puller1.jpg
    t-post puller1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,414
  • puller_on_jack-compressed-fig__3.jpg
    puller_on_jack-compressed-fig__3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,659
Last edited:
   / T post straightener #3  
That devise is made to pull posts out of the ground. I can envision what a bender would look like, but don't know where to find one at.

/ T post straightener #4  
Years ago when I was a kid I helped straighten some t posts with a devise that was no more than a long handle with a hook type attachment on it. We would place the hook around the t post near the ground and push down. the leverage whould straighten the t post up without loosening the post in the ground. I now have about 300 posts that need to be straightened but can't find this devise or anything similar to it. Any one have any ideas where to find one or other ideas of straightening the posts? I had a steer that liked the grass on the other side of the fence better than mine. :(

I do it by hand, bent end in the tractor drawbar and pull up tills it close.

/ T post straightener
thanks for the replys, JJ your tool would work with just the upper section ( no leg ) and tommu56 your drawing is close to the tool i remember. now, does anyone know where to get either one of these. i am a long was from everywhere.

/ T post straightener #7  
mine is a electrical hickey

Greenlee Products - Greenlee A Textron Company

you will have to measure the post but 1" 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" will be close

or get a galvanized pipe tee that will slide over the tee post get a piece of pipe the same size and screw bull headed in to the tee slide it over the post and use the pipe lever to adjust it.

that will be a lot cheaper.

tom

/ T post straightener
thanks tommu56, i think you gave me a great idea with the pipe tee. I want to be able to straighten up the posts and not unclip the wire. If I get about a 1-1/2 pipe tee I will cut an opening out of the side so it will slip on to the post about 1 ft from the ground and use about 5 ft. pipe for a leverage handle. I think the Tee will be strong enough. I have a long fence run leaning about 6 inches or so.

/ T post straightener
ok, thanks a bunch for the replys. I ended up using a 24 inch pipe wrench and my 200+ pounds. Got them all back up plumb and it looks good. Next I think a hot wire will be installed before the horses get back out on pasture.

/ T post straightener #10  
You might want to put a hot wire on it also. The solar units work great for horses. I had a steer that liked pushing, and then going thru the fence, he did it twice! Now all he goes thru is the grinder when I want a hamburger!:licking: