Switching from Green to Red

/ Switching from Green to Red #1  

kmmn

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1526
After 34 years with John Deere (and the last 24 on a 755), I'm switching to a Massey Ferguson 1526. It seemed like a no brainer... better specs, better price, better financing and the dealership is literally around the corner from me (I almost bought a Massey when I bought the 755, but I stayed with Deere). I'm waiting for the Quick Attach Loader Plate and the Skid Steer Bucket... hopefully this week.

/ Switching from Green to Red #2  
After 34 years with John Deere (and the last 24 on a 755), I'm switching to a Massey Ferguson 1526. It seemed like a no brainer... better specs, better price, better financing and the dealership is literally around the corner from me (I almost bought a Massey when I bought the 755, but I stayed with Deere). I'm waiting for the Quick Attach Loader Plate and the Skid Steer Bucket... hopefully this week.

Good Call !!!

/ Switching from Green to Red #3  
Nooooooo!! :eek:

better-dead-than-red-2.png

Joking, of course. Congrats on new tractor. I don't see many Sassy Masseys around here. Their website says that a couple dealers 20 miles away rep them, but I've only seen other tractors on their lot.

/ Switching from Green to Red #4  
Checked out the new Massey's last week after watching a couple YouTube video's;impressed with the quality and features but not the price!

/ Switching from Green to Red #5  
Nice choice kmmn. I came real close to getting a Massey 1526 also, but the Massey dealers are all a couple hours away from me, so I went Kubota because I have a very good local dealer.

Post some pics when you get some. Those are good tractors.

Did you get a mower?

Last edited:
   / Switching from Green to Red #6  
I wish I had a MF dealer close to me.

I am really trying to like the JD's but cannot quite get there.

I am liking the LS but YouTube reviews are not good...but the local dealer is excellent.

/ Switching from Green to Red
I had a Woods RD7200, but I decided to take advantage of the $300 MF rebate and get a new (red) PRD7200. (I pretty much gave the RD7200 one to my cousin... it only has a couple of years left in it and then the price on a new one would be even more and I wouldn't get the rebate). The mower should be in next week, but I'm still waiting to hear about the quick attach Loader Plate and the Skid Steer Bucket. (The dealer said if it doesn't come in soon that I can take the tractor with the pin on bucket and he'd swap it out later). I'm getting antsy!

/ Switching from Green to Red
The two nearest John Deere dealers are about 30 minutes away and the cheapest John Deere dealer (where I bought my 755) is about 90 minutes away. I can drive the tractor to the Massey dealer... having a dealer close by is a huge advantage

/ Switching from Green to Red #9  
Congrats on the new tractor! Interested to hear how you like it after you get it as I'm strongly considering one of these

/ Switching from Green to Red #10  
I also made the same purchase (mf1526) traded my gc1720. Will have it delivered around the end of the week. Have a mmmower with it. I checked the Kubota dealer and got a better price with the massey dealership. The massey dealer (Proudfoot motors)is a 3 hour drive while the Kubota dealer is 20 min drive. The Massey dealer has been great to work with in the past (gc1720) and great so far with this deal....