Grapple Sway my grapple decision. Homestead/CTA

/ Sway my grapple decision. Homestead/CTA
I have a grapple that looks very similar to the CTA you have a link to and I love it.

TBH I've never tried the other type you have linked but it doesn't look as versatile to me. I think that it "may" be better with sticks and branches, but wouldn't do nearly as good if carrying rocks or logs/stumps.

Or at least it looks that way to me.

I could be wrong.
Thank you. I only have experience with the long-tine/bucket style grapples, so have been drawn that way, but with the recent popularity of the “rake” style grapples, was wondering if I was missing something. One (maybe) disadvantage to the long horizontal tine style is narrower top to bottom opening. I’m not sure what the CTA opening measures. I can see a larger opening being a possible (minimal?) advantage with large piles of small brush.

/ Sway my grapple decision. Homestead/CTA #32  
My loader specs are only 60 lbs more lift than yours, my MTL weighs about 400 lbs and I haven't had any problems in the two years I've had it.

/ Sway my grapple decision. Homestead/CTA #33  
Thank you. I only have experience with the long-tine/bucket style grapples, so have been drawn that way, but with the recent popularity of the “rake” style grapples, was wondering if I was missing something. One (maybe) disadvantage to the long horizontal tine style is narrower top to bottom opening. I’m not sure what the CTA opening measures. I can see a larger opening being a possible (minimal?) advantage with large piles of small brush.
Never found the opening on my WildKat to be an issue. Typically I approach pile then raise grapple while rolling down so I'm not chasing pile but rather compressing against ground as I close on it.

By the way, not sure which one you were referring to but I think you mentioned it was fabricated with 1/4 steel. Not sure I like that. Mine has 5/16ths stock for lid material and lower rake and verticals are 3/8ths.

/ Sway my grapple decision. Homestead/CTA #34  
https://hlaattachments.com/item.php?prod=291 - this is the one I use for all of those purpose you mentioned with the only caveat is that once chunked and laying in a pile, a bucket is better to pick it up, as long as it aint chunked then it is good for the firewood

/ Sway my grapple decision. Homestead/CTA #36  
https://hlaattachments.com/item.php?prod=291 - this is the one I use for all of those purpose you mentioned with the only caveat is that once chunked and laying in a pile, a bucket is better to pick it up, as long as it aint chunked then it is good for the firewood
I like HLA - I have one of their standard duty snow pushers its VERY good quality made in Canada I think too. My local tractor dealer is also an HLA dealer they would deliver. Might give em a call. I dont see a QA attachment point on those?? How you doing it?

/ Sway my grapple decision. Homestead/CTA #37  
I like HLA - I have one of their standard duty snow pushers its VERY good quality made in Canada I think too. My local tractor dealer is also an HLA dealer they would deliver. Might give em a call. I dont see a QA attachment point on those?? How you doing it?
When you order it, you get to choose your connection - I simply chose SSQA

/ Sway my grapple decision. Homestead/CTA #40  
Using the EA wicked grapple today after high winds left an abundant amount of limbs down. Appreciate the effort and time that went into designing, material selection and testing prototypes. Yes expensive, yes have to wait but I’m in this for the long run and frequently push my abilities and equipment to their limit. Thinking while working today that grapples are so important to success of our land use that the selection becomes simple.