Swapping out Bucket pins on BX ?

/ Swapping out Bucket pins on BX ? #1  

wawajake

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660 , Kubota RTV X1100C
So I broke the right hand bucket pin on my 2008 BX2660 (LA 243 FEL), I ordered two today (one for spare)
So is the job to replace a bucket pin as simple as I imagine ? I am thinking I just lower bucket on garage floor so that it is even and pins are accessible , remove the pin retainer bolt and knock out the fractured pin and reinstall the new one ?

or do I risk missalignment of hole , unless I position the bucket a certain way? thoughts?

/ Swapping out Bucket pins on BX ? #2  
I can't quite invision your "broke" "bucket pin". However, when I used to change from the bucket to Pin-On pallet forks on my B2660 (LA243), I used a wooden dowel/ rubber hammer to knock out the pins. This prevented scoring the surfaces or damaging the pin heads. And everything had to be lined up perfectly to drive the pins back in. But your's may be a whole different problem.
Cheers,
Mike

/ Swapping out Bucket pins on BX ? #3  
As long as everything is relaxed and stable, it is as simple as you envision.

When I removed the bucket on my 2410 to have some welding done, I drove the pins out and tapped them back in- very easily.

/ Swapping out Bucket pins on BX ? #4  
As long as everything is relaxed and stable, it is as simple as you envision.

When I removed the bucket on my 2410 to have some welding done, I drove the pins out and tapped them back in- very easily.

Thanks for the spelling correction......Sometimes I just to lazy to correct it.........."envision".

/ Swapping out Bucket pins on BX ? #5  
So I broke the right hand bucket pin on my 2008 BX2660 (LA 243 FEL), I ordered two today (one for spare)
So is the job to replace a bucket pin as simple as I imagine ? I am thinking I just lower bucket on garage floor so that it is even and pins are accessible , remove the pin retainer bolt and knock out the fractured pin and reinstall the new one ?

or do I risk missalignment of hole , unless I position the bucket a certain way? thoughts?

Your are right on the mark. I broke the bucket pin on my BX in the first three weeks...I simply used the new pin to drive the old pin out after removing the retaining bolt. It was easy as cake. No aligning needed.

/ Swapping out Bucket pins on BX ? #6  
How the H*** do you break a bucket pin? I probably abuse my BX more than most and never had that problem in over 1500 Hrs, probably half of it using the bucket. There are a lot weaker points in the whole assembly that should break long before those pins.

Ron

/ Swapping out Bucket pins on BX ? #7  
How the H*** do you break a bucket pin? I probably abuse my BX more than most and never had that problem in over 1500 Hrs, probably half of it using the bucket. There are a lot weaker points in the whole assembly that should break long before those pins.

Ron

Sound like we need a picture........I still can "envision" that.

/ Swapping out Bucket pins on BX ? #8  
Here is another one that would like to know!!!! My BX hyd hasn't got that much power.

/ Swapping out Bucket pins on BX ? #9  
Once the tractor is shut down, be sure you relieve the pressure off the hydraulic system by cycling the levers a few times. Support the cylinder so it doesn't fall down and hurt itself or you if the pin comes out on the first tap.

/ Swapping out Bucket pins on BX ? #10  
Set the bucket down. Use a drift punch and larger hammer to drive it out. Use a lining bar/ good screwdriver/ long bolt/etc. to get the holes aligned and start the pin from the other side. If it just will not align use longer bars to get it into place. Lube the pin before installing it.