Suggestions on 20” pro saw

/ Suggestions on 20” pro saw #11  
You qualify!!! Treat yourself!!! 😁 I dont cut every day either but when I do, it is hot and heavy and love cutting through wood like butter.

/ Suggestions on 20” pro saw #12  
Another Pro saw fan here. I have a 20" on my 361, and it has handled everything here with no issue for a decade+. A 262 can do the same, just a bit slower, but it will be lightener than a 362. Just one example:

/ Suggestions on 20” pro saw #13  
I've had a Stihl 261 since maybe 2012 or 2013. I've had no issues with it other than wear items, I've found it powers an 18" 3/8 chisel chain very well in hardwoods, some prefer a 20" in 3/8 pitch.
I wouldn't be afraid of the comparable Husqvarna or Echo chainsaw, dealer support in my area for all three is great.

I know several people with the Husky rancher saws and I've had Stihl Farmboss series saws, they have all served them/me well.

/ Suggestions on 20” pro saw #14  
Another Pro saw fan here. I have a 20" on my 361, and it has handled everything here with no issue for a decade+. A 262 can do the same, just a bit slower, but it will be lightener than a 362. Just one example:

/ Suggestions on 20” pro saw #15  
I'm a big Echo fan. For the same money as the Stihl you can step up to a CS680 Echo. I've had mine for 7 years, best saw ever. Loaned it out to a sawyer friend and he had to buy his own. He still runs Stihls and Huskys, but new saws for him will be Echos.

The 680 is a great felling/bucking saw, not so good for limbing. I switch to a small saw for the small stuff.

/ Suggestions on 20” pro saw
I'm a big Echo fan. For the same money as the Stihl you can step up to a CS680 Echo. I've had mine for 7 years, best saw ever. Loaned it out to a sawyer friend and he had to buy his own. He still runs Stihls and Huskys, but new saws for him will be Echos.

The 680 is a great felling/bucking saw, not so good for limbing. I switch to a small saw for the small stuff.
My dad was a big Echo saw fan, too.
I still had his old 6 series after he died, but it would have been a project to rebuild.

I will check out the 680.

On edit: at 14+ lbs, the 680 may be a bit heavy for limping & bucking.
My big Makita/Dolmar is a similar saw.

Good lookin saw though!

/ Suggestions on 20” pro saw #17  
You can't go wrong with a 261 if you are just cutting occasionally.

You can't go wrong with a 261 if you are just cutting occasionally.

I thought the “black stripe” 261C was a “pro” (constant use) saw?

/ Suggestions on 20” pro saw #19  
I thought the “black stripe” 261C was a “pro” (constant use) saw?
I believe all 261's will be the pro model. I think the only option you can get is to either get the M-tronic or the old tunable carbs.

I still like the tunable carbs that I don't need software to diagnosis. Some like the M-tronic where they don't have to mess it tuning it.

Either way it's a good saw. I think the husky equivalent is the 550xp, also a great saw.

I believe all 261's will be the pro model. I think the only option you can get is to either get the M-tronic or the old tunable carbs.

I still like the tunable carbs that I don't need software to diagnosis. Some like the M-tronic where they don't have to mess it tuning it.

Either way it's a good saw. I think the husky equivalent is the 550xp, also a great saw.
OK, I was thinking you thought it was an occasional use (homeowner) model.

I WOULD like to get the tunable carb. Only complaints I read were regarding the M-tropic.