Suggest a smaller weapon to wound but not kill

/ Suggest a smaller weapon to wound but not kill #1  

beppington

Elite Member
Tractor
Here
Mom, with extremely little gun experience, wants a weapon to guard against home intruders.

She's got my old .22 rifle right now, & we've shot it, loaded it, un-loaded, etc. but even that's dicey. I don't trust her with it, & it's probably too big for her to swing around & hit something in an emergency anyway.

How about something smaller (pistol sized?) that shoots something other bullets, that will injure but not kill somebody/ something (coyotes, etc). She's not convinced mace will do what might be needed.

In reality, if I could get .22 blanks that would probably work: She's prob never really gonna need it anyway, & may not even realize a bullet wasn't actually shot, if she ever even does fire at anything!

Nevertheless, shooting rice or something like that might be best ... Any ideas?

/ Suggest a smaller weapon to wound but not kill #2  
Shoot to kill, or don't shoot. A 22 is not powerful enough to do anything, other than line attorney's pocket's with your assets.

/ Suggest a smaller weapon to wound but not kill #3  
Shoot to kill, or don't shoot. A 22 is not powerful enough to do anything, other than line attorney's pocket's with your assets.

That's good. Mind if I use that?

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"
Shakespear

/ Suggest a smaller weapon to wound but not kill #4  
   / Suggest a smaller weapon to wound but not kill #5  
First thought would be a CO2 pellet or BB pistol. Hahn used to make a good one. 25 cal pistol with light rounds would be a little stronger choice. Ken Sweet

/ Suggest a smaller weapon to wound but not kill #6  
A couple of doberman's running in the neighborhood with friendly neighbors that communicate with one another would probably work. Of course this assumes that the neighbors are able to actually be part of a neighborhood and share concerns and liabilities.

Instead of a suggestion that a person with very few skills in self defense will be leading or training an even more inept person how to defend their home and property. Perhaps one could investigate proper or necessary home defense techniques.........Good luck and keep up the thread count...........Dennis

/ Suggest a smaller weapon to wound but not kill #7  
If she is afraid of guns or it sounds like she does not want to hurt someone then get a BIG BAD DOG! And a speed dial for 911! You do not want some perpetrator taking the gun away from her! It gets real ugly then!:D

/ Suggest a smaller weapon to wound but not kill #8  
Before my Mother passed, she had lights at the doors that had motion sensors that turned the light on if anything came within range. She lived in town and all the neighbors could see if her light came on and she could also peep through the curtain and usually see the dog or cat in the light. Pretty good passive way to keep her aware what was going on and may have scared some intruders away? . Ken Sweet

/ Suggest a smaller weapon to wound but not kill #9  
-Then why do cops carry it?

Mace/pepper spray and a CELL PHONE!

Us civilians are not allowed to purchase mace. The only thing we are allowed is pepper spray. Can't speak from experience but from what I have read it is not nearly as effective as mace as a deterent.
I'm not up for a test though.:D

/ Suggest a smaller weapon to wound but not kill #10  
How about something smaller (pistol sized?) that shoots something other bullets, that will injure but not kill somebody
The most ridiculous thing I read this year yet.