SUDT vs Premium

/ SUDT vs Premium #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
There has been talk here about the difference between the US SUDT and the Canadian Premium UDT from Kubota.

Well I have done two oil and filter changes on my B2620 with the Premium UDT, and at 520 hours I did the third changeout and tried the SUDT I bought in Michigan just to see if there is any difference in the hydro whine.

After doing a couple weeks of loader and box blading work, there is absolutely no difference in sound or performance.

So even if they are different oil suppliers, they still both work transparently.

My weather here ranges from minus 40*C to plus 30*C.

/ SUDT vs Premium #2  
Frankly, I have missed all these discussions. However, is the Canadian version a synthetic composition? Too make light, always better to purchase US version of any product.:dance1:

/ SUDT vs Premium
I've seen numerous threads on these oils. Some say yes the Premium is synthetic and some say no. Also many different opinions on who makes the oils for Kubota. Many say they know for sure, so which one of you is correct? LOL.

So that's why I decided to try them back to back.

/ SUDT vs Premium #4  
Amsoil made the whine quieter for me, but did not eliminate it.
Amsoil is 100% synthetic.

/ SUDT vs Premium #5  
There has been talk here about the difference between the US SUDT and the Canadian Premium UDT from Kubota.

Well I have done two oil and filter changes on my B2620 with the Premium UDT, and at 520 hours I did the third changeout and tried the SUDT I bought in Michigan just to see if there is any difference in the hydro whine.

After doing a couple weeks of loader and box blading work, there is absolutely no difference in sound or performance.

So even if they are different oil suppliers, they still both work transparently.

My weather here ranges from minus 40*C to plus 30*C.
I'm with you on that. There are certainly other oils on the market that will perform just as well as US SUDT.

As far as whine, it's just a natural inherent factor of hydro transmissions. It cannot be completely eliminated, other than shutting down the engine. :rolleyes: