Suddenly I have too much hydraulic fluid in my m8560?

/ Suddenly I have too much hydraulic fluid in my m8560? #1  

xBBx

Tractor
Kubota M8560, New Holland T2420
Hi there,
Looking for some help or advice on this one. I have a Kubota m8560 with a single set of rear remotes and a Kubota FEL.
It's got about 300 hours on it, and I've owned it since new (few years now). I check the hydraulic level on the dipstick near the PTO regularly.
For the last 250 hours or more, it's been right where it needs to be on the stick. I typically have the rear hooked up to an 8ft brushhog, single hydraulic to raise and lower.

So, the other day I noticed a hydraulic leak under the cab. Turns out the protective cover got pulled back and the hose was worn. Probably from rubbing on the brush and such. I am pretty sure it was one of the supply hoses to the rear remote. When I operated it, it leaked more.
I checked the fluid and when I pulled out the stick, it started to overflow out of the hole? So I removed the cutter, same thing. I went ahead and replaced the hose, loosing a bit of fluid along the way.
Checked the dipstick and it's still coming out of the hole. Like now there is too much fluid in there? It's not foamy or frothy or anything else. The FEL and rear remotes are not acting funny, plenty of power.
But what is causing the fluid to push up through the hole? It's like there's suddenly too much fluid but I haven't added anything since the 50 hours break in fluid change? Doesn't seem to matter if it is running or not, same fluid coming out of the dipstick hole.

Thanks in advance if you have any ideas.

Last edited:
   / Suddenly I have too much hydraulic fluid in my m8560? #2  
My only idea is possible clogged vent or vents.

/ Suddenly I have too much hydraulic fluid in my m8560?
My only idea is possible clogged vent or vents.
Thanks Roadworthy - it's worth a check. Just need to figure out where the vents are located....

/ Suddenly I have too much hydraulic fluid in my m8560? #4  
The only thing that comes to mind for me is that when you check fluid level the 3 PH and loader if it is attached should be in certain psitions. In my case the 3PH down. Maybe all other times you checked it was in the up position. That's all I got.

The only thing that comes to mind for me is that when you check fluid level the 3 PH and loader if it is attached should be in certain psitions. In my case the 3PH down. Maybe all other times you checked it was in the up position. That's all I got.
Yep, consistent positions and such when checking. But good thought. Thanks!

/ Suddenly I have too much hydraulic fluid in my m8560? #6  
Check your engine oil and anti-freeze. Make sure neither is getting into your hydraulic system.

Check your engine oil and anti-freeze. Make sure neither is getting into your hydraulic system.
I was changing the oil when I found the hose leak actually. No change in oil levels. I will check the coolant levels. It has been really hot lately and but only ran a little warmer than normal once. Cleaned out the radiator and such, got it back to normal. These Kubota's pretty much require you to clean out the rad every time you go into a field... AC plugs up first, then the radiator. I am pretty at keeping them cleaned out. Although I haven't checked the coolant lately. Thanks!

/ Suddenly I have too much hydraulic fluid in my m8560? #8  
I'm going to go with Roadworthy and say it's got a clogged vent causing air pressure to build up in the sump. Around here there are bees and wasps that look for round holes and fill them with a mud plug.

/ Suddenly I have too much hydraulic fluid in my m8560? #10  
oops...I believe you'll find the vent hose for the gearcase on the top of the transmission under the seat or if it's a cab model, under the rear seat pan. the vents are located....