Subsoiler

/ Subsoiler #1  

Brady D

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910, Case farmall 95, John Deere 317g
I have a Ford 1910 and I’m wanting to use a subsoiler to loosen some hard packed soil on my hunting lease would a 1910 be strong enough to pull a single shank?

/ Subsoiler #2  
I have a Ford 1910 and I’m wanting to use a subsoiler to loosen some hard packed soil on my hunting lease would a 1910 be strong enough to pull a single shank?
With 32hp, you should be able to pull this:

https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...pper-Tillage-p/fc-field-cultivator-cain-5.htm

/ Subsoiler #3  

Ford 1910 Dimensions​

Ford 1910 Weight
2WD :2980 lbs
1351 kg
4WD :3246 lbs
1472 kg

I have a Ford 1910. I want to use a subsoiler to loosen hard packed soil on my hunting lease.

An ALL PURPOSE PLOW will be more versatile in your food plots.

Tractor weight is another determinant of what your 32-horsepower Ford tractor can pull. Your tractor is 500 pounds lighter than my Kubota L3560. My tractor's rear tires are inflated with air. If your tractor's rear tires are filled with liquid and your tractor has 4-WD, you probably have enough weight/traction to pull an All Purpose Plow with five shanks 6" deep on a first pass through MOIST soil. On succeeding passes you should be able to penetrate 10" - 12" in MOIST soil.

If your Ford is 2-WD you will have to remove one shank.

APPs show up regularly at farm equipment auctions.

(( An APP is one of the easiest implements to mount on the Three Point Hitch.
A subsoiler is awkward to mount and can be finicky about adjustment. If you choose a subsoiler, pin the inboard end of the Top Link in the lowest of the stacked paired holes on the tractor, which will give you max high/low adjustment. ))

VENDER + VENDER VIDEO:
https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...pper-Tillage-p/fc-field-cultivator-cain-5.htm

Last edited:
   / Subsoiler #4  
Simple answer is yes your tractor should pull it.

But perhaps a better question you can answer is what is the goal for this hard packed ground?

Personally, I see no use for the cheap farm store middlebuster/subsoiler combo things.

Seen members here post some pics of using them to break up hard ground and all it looks like to me is they make a rough and uneven mess. And only break up the soil in a very small area.

When a farmer runs a subsoiler, they usually have a disc opener in the front, and don't disturb the surface much. They are doing it to break up the plow hard pan, and improve drainage.

If you are wanting something to prep a seed bed and get a food plot to do better, a plow and disc, or a tiller will both do way better than a subsoiler.

/ Subsoiler
With 32hp, you should be able to pull this:

Thanks I didn’t know I could pull something that big

/ Subsoiler #6  
You don't list a general location or type of ground... So it is not possible to give good advise about something similar or directions to someone with similar conditions..

I have a no name, older 5 shank tool like in the links that my mother in law gave me.. With 32 hp and in our ground I can pull it easily enough with loaded turfs at about 12-15 cm deep.. This all I need to prep for overseeding where I need to..

I also have Heavy Hitch sub soil tool that attaches to a 3pt receiver hitch that I can use full depth to make tic tac toe patterns around trees and fruit bushes to collect as much snow melt and rain water as possible...

/ Subsoiler #7  
You don't list a general location or type of ground... So it is not possible to give good advise about something similar or directions to someone with similar conditions..

I have a no name, older 5 shank tool like in the links that my mother in law gave me.. With 32 hp and in our ground I can pull it easily enough with loaded turfs at about 12-15 cm deep.. This all I need to prep for overseeding where I need to..

I also have Heavy Hitch sub soil tool that attaches to a 3pt receiver hitch that I can use full depth to make tic tac toe patterns around trees and fruit bushes to collect as much snow melt and rain water as possible...
The good thing about that implement is you can remove a tooth or two if conditions are tough.

/ Subsoiler #8  
Others seem to have better information. I just wanted to chime in and say my Kubota B6200, which was I think 16 horsepower, pulled a single shank CountyLine subsoiler through my very hard gravelly soil fairly well. I could also hook under old tree roots and often pull them up, though sometimes I'd have to reposition and go back and forth. For turning a 3500 square foot patch of cleared woods into a lawn, it did the job. Maybe amateurish and slow, but it did work.

/ Subsoiler

I live in southern middle Tennessee with decently rocky ground

/ Subsoiler
Others seem to have better information. I just wanted to chime in and say my Kubota B6200, which was I think 16 horsepower, pulled a single shank CountyLine subsoiler through my very hard gravelly soil fairly well. I could also hook under old tree roots and often pull them up, though sometimes I'd have to reposition and go back and forth. For turning a 3500 square foot patch of cleared woods into a lawn, it did the job. Maybe amateurish and slow, but it did work.
Thanks I should have no problem pulling it with my tractor then