Subaru Automobiles

/ Subaru Automobiles #141  
We have a Subaru Forester and really like it also. Had it since 2017 and still have nothing to complain about.
How about that the '17 Forrester doesn't offer power seats? See, something to complain about. :)

/ Subaru Automobiles #142  
I drive fleet cars for work and I have a 2020 Forester now, had a 2023 Outback before it. I cant stand them, I wonder every time I get in this thing why people like them at all. For comparison sake I had a 2020 Ford Escape (totalled), 2021 Ford Bronco Sport (rental) and a 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee (rental) before these two Subarus and I would take any one of those three vehicles over the Subaru's all day long. The adaptive cruise control and lane centering assist on all the other vehicles I listed work so much better than the Suburu eyesight. With the Suburu good luck using cruise control if its raining, snowing, too sunny or too foggy, and unlike the other brands that default to normal cruise control if their censors are blocked the Suburu just shuts everything off. Not only that but the speed modulation of the Suburu's cruise control is just awful, slows down below the set speed going downhills then revs to beat hell going up hills then slams on the brakes at the apex of the hill to slow the car back down. Its just terrible. Besides the awful cruise control the outback was as slow as molasses, got pretty bad MPG's and both cars have terrible bluetooth and apple car play connectivity, was constantly dropping off with both cars. I cannot wait to trade in this Forester when my new Escape is delivered.

/ Subaru Automobiles
I've experienced none of that with our 2020 Outback.

Last edited:
   / Subaru Automobiles #144  
You should never use cruise control on any vehicle in bad weather or heavy traffic.
Glad they don't make us all drive the same vehicles (yet). I wouldn't pay money for any of those you mentioned.

The '18 Outback has been good. I still prefer Toyota overall.

/ Subaru Automobiles #145  
You should never use cruise control on any vehicle in bad weather or heavy traffic.
Glad they don't make us all drive the same vehicles (yet). I wouldn't pay money for any of those you mentioned.

How many of the ones I mentioned have you owned? I put 50K on the Escape, 6k on the Bronco Sport and almost 10K on the Jeep. So far I have 5K on this Forester and I had almost 8K on the Outback so I have some miles in each for comparison. Also, you know the only one that has needed to visit the dealership is the 2020 Forester. With only 80k on the Odometer the AC Stopped working, had a terrible missfire and now it needs to go back in again because the auto headlights sometimes like to turn on while the car is not being used and drains the battery.

/ Subaru Automobiles #147  

I like and have owned Toyotas. But the full time synchronous AWD system of the Subaru makes it the best for snowy/icy road handling. No other AWD system matches it for those conditions. It’s not a deep snow vehicle like a Jeep, 4Runner or 4wd truck, but it excels at slick roads and gets about 32 mpg.

/ Subaru Automobiles #148  
Ours has a power seat on the driver’s side, none elsewhere.
My bad maybe it was the Crosstrek that didn't offer it.

On AWD, absolutely love it, but also rarely have snow and ice around here (and when we do, everything shuts down anyway). :)

If we ever need to replace the Outback, we will get a RAV4 Prime (or the closest analog in an uncertain future).

/ Subaru Automobiles #149  
Have had a couple Subaru's, in the 80's they were kind of like my VW bugs. Gutless wonders of the world with that feeling of the rubber bands winding up to speed.
The 2006 Forester was a great car with decent acceleration. Never riden in the Legacy, but all the owners I talk to brag them up for ride comfort and the winter weather condition capabilities. I think they are a great car made in USA! (some foreign parts).

/ Subaru Automobiles
We test drove a 2023 Outback with the turbo. Pretty zippy. We went with the 2020 non-turbo as it was cheaper and just as nice inside and out. Yes, it is slower than the turbo, but that being said, we've had ZERO problems merging in and out of traffic, passing people, or keeping up with 85mph traffic in Oklahoma (or Chicago!).