Stump removal .. how deep? Or all?

/ Stump removal .. how deep? Or all? #21  
Update.. rented a stump grinder, used the tractor and dug down a foot or so lower than the current ground level, then ground it.. got this picture of my son helping rinse the grinder before going back to HD..
I’ll likely NEVER rent from them again..
$1k deposit.. and the have a $1500 deposit for mini-ex..

It did work well..

Wow, that seems like a pretty steep deposit. I am spoiled to have a Rentals Unlimited a few miles down the road. They collect my credit card info prior to the rental, but only charge the actual end rental amount on it.
Glad you got your stumps handled.

/ Stump removal .. how deep? Or all? #22  
Update.. rented a stump grinder, used the tractor and dug down a foot or so lower than the current ground level, then ground it.. got this picture of my son helping rinse the grinder before going back to HD..
I’ll likely NEVER rent from them again..
$1k deposit.. and the have a $1500 deposit for mini-ex..

It did work well..

Nothing wrong with the deposit when you are renting 20 - 30 thousand dollar equipment!

Remember they get all kinds of customers, not everyone is like you.

/ Stump removal .. how deep? Or all? #23  
I own my own stump grinder and I grind all of them. Typically, I grind about 12-15" below grade and forget about them.

/ Stump removal .. how deep? Or all? #24  
I see that CC companies are upping their interest rates on unpaid balances. Just got my TSC cardholder statement and Citibank raised their unpaid balance finance charge to 34.5%. I can see why people with unpaid balances cannot pay them off. Highway robbery but all legal.

I don't ever carry a balance on any credit card ever, They all get paid off monthly no matter what.

CC companies are getting wealthy fast. They charge portal fees just to use their credit lines and then rape their customers on unpaid balances and now most retailers are charging an extra 3% to pay with a credit card as well and that includes restaurants as well.

My Kubota dealer charges an extra 3% if you use plastic, which I don't anyway. They bill me direct for anything I purchase and no tax of course. I have exemption certificates on file with everyone I do business with, in state or out of state as well.

I need to start a credit card company, the fees are crazy today.

/ Stump removal .. how deep? Or all? #25  
Same here, I bought used Vermeer SC362 last year.

Good machine for a homeowner, but I wish it had a Diesel engine...

1..png

/ Stump removal .. how deep? Or all? #26  
Nothing wrong with the deposit when you are renting 20 - 30 thousand dollar equipment!

Remember they get all kinds of customers, not everyone is like you.
Just covering their bottoms in case the renter destroys the equipment. Nothing more and it's refundable or credited to your card if there is no damage anyway.

If I was to rent a piece of equipment. the last of my concerns would be a surety deposit, no matter how large it was as it's not at all germane to the end game, just covering their butts and nothing more.

/ Stump removal .. how deep? Or all? #28  
Same here, I bought used Vermeer SC362 last year.

Good machine for a homeowner, but I wish it had a Diesel engine...

View attachment 865126
What kind of cutter teeth are on the wheel? I presume Green Teeth, correct? If they are, they are indexable to 3 different cutting positions. What I run and Green Manufacturing is a local company for me and I can buy direct from them as well. About 20 miles from the farm.

/ Stump removal .. how deep? Or all? #29  
What kind of cutter teeth are on the wheel? I presume Green Teeth, correct? If they are, they are indexable to 3 different cutting positions. What I run and Green Manufacturing is a local company for me and I can buy direct from them as well. About 20 miles from the farm.

It came with badly worn out OEM Yellow Jacket cutter teeth set, which I replaced with Green Teeth set last fall.

Since the machine came with a spare set of new OEM teeth pockets & Yellow Jacket teeth (and a wheel), I will install Yellow Jackets after the Green Teeth set has been "indexed" & worn out, just to get a fair comparison.

/ Stump removal .. how deep? Or all? #30  
Glad you got the project done. If you're building a foundation or paving you want to get as much organic material out as possible.

Those look like fairly large trees. Several years ago I transplanted a cherry tree with a 4" to 6" trunk. I trenched around it, but got stuck that I couldn't lift it out due to I presume tap roots. So, I put a choker cable around it and pulled it under the tree with the winch get a clean cut under. Then I was able to get the tree out mostly intact.

Of course if you had a 6" tap root, you could make a bigger mess.