Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24?

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #11  
Only problem is I don't have rear hydraulics so my choices would be limited to the Baumalight or Woodland Mills. Price would be pretty good although the Woodland Mills is a bit cheaper (less expensive).
Not a good deal, can you add at least one outlet? The Landpride can be run on one outlet with an electric diverter valve that comes with the grinder.

My big issue (and it may not really be an issue at all) is, with a big stump, you'd be backing the tractor up on the uncut portion of the stump itself. I have a couple that are 4 foot across.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #12  
I’ve done over 100 stumps on this unit, don’t know how it compares in price. Haven’t rotated the cutting teeth yet. Takes some finesse, but in general does a pretty dang good job. Oak, Ash and Mesquite here mostly.

Can feed it to draw the RPMs down on my 6060, but can always take smaller bites I suppose.

2-Way Hydraulic Stump Grinder, FH-SG24-PRO | Betstco Sales, Parts, and Service:
Looks to me like it also mounts Green Manufacturing 'Green Teeth' Good price but again, I prefer buying a domestic made unit. What is the PTO power output on the 6060? The 'weak' point in all of them seems to be the gearbox and it ain't cheap. Commercial units have hydraulic drive motors.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #13  
My issue with FEL mounted stump buckets is the strain they put on the loader frame. FEL's aren't really meant to do that task, not even my big ones.... and you still need to dispose of the dug out stump. Grinding them 8-10 inches below grade eliminates that issue entirely.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #14  
Looks to me like it also mounts Green Manufacturing 'Green Teeth' Good price but again, I prefer buying a domestic made unit. What is the PTO power output on the 6060? The 'weak' point in all of them seems to be the gearbox and it ain't cheap. Commercial units have hydraulic drive motors.

Only 53hp on the PTO.

I’d prefer domestic as well, my heart and wallet don’t always agree.

Only weak spots I’ve had with this unit are mostly self inflicted, the units are pretty aggressive (somewhat violent), I’ve blown a few cylinder seals that I’ve been able to easily source. Unit cuts better in 1 direction than the other just due to the geometry. Can take a bigger bite and more stable pushing the swing cylinder than pulling.

I generally grind the stumps well under grade level, luckily not too many rocks at the surface around me.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #15  
Only 53hp on the PTO.
I have 90 pto which is way too much as the LP is rated for 60 maximum which is why I'll install the 1000 rpm -21 spline pto shaft with the 6 spine adapter and run it at 540 which reduces the pto power output greatly and I won't be tearing up the grinder. The one I bought on Tractor House and had delivered to the farm (Worksaver) had a blown gearbox (Comer) and my cost on the gearbox alone was 1000 bucks plus the frame was welded which tells me whoever owned it ran it real hard plus the carbide teeth on the wheel were down to nubs. Probably why it was at auction, because the original owner priced out the cost of refurbishing it and realized it wasn't worth it.

Besides, running it at reduced pto rpm will save expensive diesel as well. ORD here is pushing 4 bucks a gallon now.

My only concern is, both my Kubota's are gear drive, hydraulic shuttles not hydrostats but I do have the optional creep gears installed so that shouldn't be an issue, hopefully.

I'm sure there is a learning curve involved.

A couple years ago I owned a PTO chipper and I installed a Weasler slip clutch on that so I didn't tear it up. Sold it for as much as I bought it for on Craigslist in a day. If I need stuff chipped now, I just call one of the arborists that I sharpen commercial chipper knives for and they come by and turn my brush into chips. Got some big piles of chips out back. You can only spread so many in flower beds...lol

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24?
Thanks for all the comments, especially about the teeth. I'm looking into that now.

I've seen some aftermarket that say for Bauma Lite but don't list the ip24 as a fit and some others specifically for the Woodland Mills.

Pricey little buggers either way. And most are offered without the lock nuts.

Not many grinders offered used, from what I see.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #17  
I have a woodlands mills stump grinder and definitely would not want to run it with anything but an HST transmission. what may save you is running the grinder at a slower engine rpm and with creeper gears.

not sure if the land pride you bought swings side to side but with the front to back woodland mills you don't reallt "drive" forward while grinding. I find you just kind of tap the pedal than let off to let the ginder catch up it will tilt if the teeth can't keep up. you can always take smaller passes but if the teeth aren't super sharp it won't help.

I bought it for myself because I have quite a few stumps in the yard to take care of but as a business it is definitely not the most productive machine. especially if you have a lot of stumps.

I would still buy mine for what I do with it but as a business I think the ones that swing side to side would pay for themselves rather quickly and are a better choice.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #18  
A full set of Green Teeth for my Land Pride is around 325 bucks so not cheap. My saving grace on that is Green Manufacturing is local for me (20 miles from here) so I can go get them right at the factory and save on ship cost. I'm sure I'll be replacing them at some point, seems as though local people find out I have one, they are calling me to grind stumps. Green also sells the pockets as well. I'm presuming that the pockets eventually wear out as well and they sell the wheels too.

The LP grinds in both directions, the teeth are on both sides of the wheel.

Like I said, I believe with the creep gears (which are super dooper slow as in 1/2 mph or less, it should work out ok. If not, I'll just go buy another Kubota with a hyrdostat Though my wife would probably kill me.

Least I don't have to deal with rocks here. Locally it's all sandy loam.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #19  
Just got off the phone with Green Manufacturing and believe it or not, you can buy Tungsten Carbide stump grinder teeth from them direct, which I will do because they are a mere 15 miles from me. Was talking to the VP there and he told me the reason why they do sell direct is, it controls the retail pricing from their dealers (Bailey's is one). His philosophy is he don't want anyone inflating the cost. I like these people unlike the car manufacturers where they allow dealers to inflate the selling price. My Landpride shipped with Green Teeth from the factory.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #20  
I've got the Woodland Mills, and I have it on a gear drive tractor with creep gears. It works perfectly, you don't need the whiner tranny IF you have creep gears.

I've ground quite a few stumps with mine and it works just fine, in fact I ground 32 stumps one day and made back half of what I paid for the grinder.

SR