Student Loan Debt?

/ Student Loan Debt? #231  
Perhaps there is too much emphasis on the money potential
as result of "higher education".

I see a lot of unhappy "educated" people.
There are times I am one....
and life has been very generous to me and my family.
I also see a lot of unhappy uneducated people.

Some people do make a lot of money without going to college. There are more that don't. That's why the statistics regularly show that on average, your life time eranings will be higher if you attend college

/ Student Loan Debt? #232  
Maybe because too many now go to college. We have more unemployed college kids waiting tables, wheelbarrowing mulch and sitting in their parents basements now more than ever in this “great economy”
Actually, the economy is doing pretty well. Our wages are up, our expenses are back to pre-pandemic percentages, we don't know anyone that is unemployed, our kids have money in their bank accounts, their job and education prospects are fantastic, our investments are doing great... The same situation applies to all of our friends and co-workers that we talk to. There are many new businesses coming to our area, billions in investment in our county. So I just don't see the doom and gloom. Maybe it's regional?

/ Student Loan Debt? #233  
I also see a lot of unhappy uneducated people.

Some people do make a lot of money without going to college. There are more that don't. That's why the statistics regularly show that on average, your life time eranings will be higher if you attend college
I work with a lot of people in the trades. All of them are making good money, have nice homes and vehicles, and make a lot more $$ than I do. :ROFLMAO:

However, I have better benefits, retirement, insurance, and paid vacation, so it's a wash.

I will say, however, that the friends with college education generally make more than us.

/ Student Loan Debt?
Our kids went to Purdue and met a LOT of engineering students. Almost to a T, every one of them had summer jobs at large corps and were offered jobs before they graduated, most with six figure starting salaries. Crazy.
Very similar to RN’s…. The BSN job fairs stopped because they already had jobs lined up.

/ Student Loan Debt?
Actually, the economy is doing pretty well. Our wages are up, our expenses are back to pre-pandemic percentages, we don't know anyone that is unemployed, our kids have money in their bank accounts, their job and education prospects are fantastic, our investments are doing great... The same situation applies to all of our friends and co-workers that we talk to. There are many new businesses coming to our area, billions in investment in our county. So I just don't see the doom and gloom. Maybe it's regional?
Could very well be… daily notices of business closings and layoffs…

SF Bay Area

Some are leaving… others letting property go foreclosure, tech downsizing and out of control crime driving out profitable business but not worth the risk for employees and customers.

/ Student Loan Debt? #236  
Could very well be… daily notices of business closings and layoffs…

SF Bay Area

Some are leaving… others letting property go foreclosure, tech downsizing and out of control crime driving out profitable business but not worth the risk for employees and customers.
We know a couple who moved here from Oakland. They cited unaffordable real estate prices and crime as being their reasons for the move.

/ Student Loan Debt? #237  
Even In and Out is leaving Oakland. 1st store they have ever closed.

/ Student Loan Debt? #238  
I ate in an In and Out in Oakland a few times, wonder if it’s the same one

/ Student Loan Debt? #239  
Yeah, well maybe that’s the way it is in N. Idaho (beautiful place), but in MY area, there‘s horses everywhere. Lots of race horses, too.
There was also the King Ranch. 14,000 acres of cattle grazing, to they had and continue to have lots of “patients”.
So we have a lot of demand for Veterinarians.
The King Ranch in Texas is over 800,000 acres.