Stuck - weekend projects

/ Stuck - weekend projects #1  

schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
THere have been a couple of time when ive found myself stuck by most standards.... had it not been for my FEL id had to go for the snatch strap and or logging chain a couple of times already.

Well this past weekend.... the FEL wasnt helping :mad:

so ya shure your thinking, he could get himself out of that with the FEL EASY....

well your right.... except for this small detail!

so had to bring the 4wheel drive over and snatch the back end over to miss the tree.

AND before you start about avoiding the soft muddy ditch with water in it, i had JUST spent an hr putting the deck on, had spent litterly 10 sec mowing 50 feet before that when i was stearing around the tree, setting up to AVOID the ditch by agood foot and the front right wheel just went "DIVE DIVE DIVE" before i new it i was axle deap in soft bottomless mud, the deck is a huge belly grader, my blades were spitting out water.... it was a mess in about 1 sec flat. I attempted to "get a run at it" and drive out the back side up onto the firm driveway (im standing on it to take the pics) but i only sucessed in getting 3' farther in (and deeper) in the mud.

As for the rest of the weekend, i picked up a light duty (never used, but sat around awhile) 5' box blade for $275

Hung a new hammoc... we were lucky to get anything done after that on sat as we had an absolutly butifull day....

and dug a 42" deep hole (by hand, and hard pan is no fun to dig in) to set a new power poll that the utility company had pulled out of my front yard but didnt want as it was to old. so i recyled it and its going to become my new meter pole were i transition to underground wire.

I know it doesnt look like much, but you never get any good "action" shots when you and the wife are both busy man handling a 21' tall poll (cut down 9' from the org 30' pole) into a 12" wide hole. (the underground wire will run from the pole to the corner of the barn in the background)

Oh and the $500 of black gold sitting in the FEL

thats 60' of 4/0 AL direct bury, 150' of #2 AL direct bury and 150' of 1" 200PSI PEX.

for all the pics

Sep Pics

Last edited:
   / Stuck - weekend projects #2  
Makes you have to rework your schedule of events for the day doesn't it. But hey, at least it's springtime. Sounds like you still got some things accomplished.

/ Stuck - weekend projects #3  
Looks like you tried to parallel park between a tree and a mudhole.:)

/ Stuck - weekend projects #5  
Hate to mention it, but it may be too soft to go around there. (he he !)

Heck, that ain't even hardly stuck. Don't feel too bad, we've all been there and done that (or soon will). I've crossed some soft ground that had all of the frost out, then froze the top 1" or 2 of soil. Got out a ways and the ground broke! What the %*!@#?? Front end went down so only 4-5" of tire were showing, rear differential was 1/2 way submerged. I put a 4x8' sheet of 3/4" ply under the FEL and smugly thought how easy it was going to be. Until the ply sank and the tractor didn't move. Now, that's stuck!

jb

/ Stuck - weekend projects #6  
You have started to mow already!!! Wow, we still have a few weeks here in the northeast. I played in the mud myself this weekend. Nice price on the back blade!

/ Stuck - weekend projects #7  
Afternoon Schmism,
Looks like yea had a real good weekend to me ! I mean that you eventually got the tractor unstuck ! ;) You got the wife to help you install a utility pole, and got to try out your new boxscraper, the MMM took the bad end of the deal IMO ! ;) :)

/ Stuck - weekend projects #8  
Schmism:

In Western NE we are just entering Mud Season, but I "thought" :confused: that I had sufficient drainage over some of the underlying frozen soil to dry out the "lawn" sufficiently to run my rider mower. I discovered otherwise :eek: :mad:- I "sunk" my rider mower and utility cart doing yard chores this weekend. I probably would have sunk deeper had the mower deck not provided some "floatation" ;). I was able to pull the rider out with the TC29DA from the "safety" of my driveway without difficulty. Now I "need" a power washer :cool:. Jay

/ Stuck - weekend projects
dtd24 said:
You have started to mow already!!!

well not only have i started to mow, but in a perfect world i would have gave the yard anoter day or 2 to dry out. But only being there on weekends i would have had to wait another week and as it was, there were areas were i was cutting 3" of wet grass.

only a few spots of the yard didnt need a trim, with the deck set at 3" i cut the top of nearly all the grass i touched. (and i mowed short as my last mow last fall)

this pic gives you an idea of how tall the grass was... this is a portion of the front lawn i keep mowed.

/ Stuck - weekend projects #10  
Tall grass and mud season is why God invented sheep.