Stuck Connecting Rod Screw

/ Stuck Connecting Rod Screw
Hello,

Thanks for your response. Yup, sounds right. Grinding the head may be a good solution. Should be easy with my dremel.

/ Stuck Connecting Rod Screw #12  
It can't possibly be that tight. Use a 6-point socket and rachet. Are you sure you're trying to turn the right way. It is upside down you know.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
Hello,

Thanks for your response. Yup, sounds right. Grinding the head may be a good solution. Should be easy with my dremel.
Got it! Thanks everyone for their ideas. This is what I came up with. Using my dremel and a composite cutting wheel, I cut a slot into the head and then using a flat punch and hammer, pushed down on the edge of the cut and it came free almost immediately! Got plenty of spare bolts so back in business! Thanks again!

It can't possibly be that tight. Use a 6-point socket and rachet. Are you sure you're trying to turn the right way. It is upside down you know.
Believe me, it was! I did use the ratchet and six point with no success. The other one came out easily. I thought about the upside down position, but I was turning the correct way. Thanks for your input!