stuck clutch

/ stuck clutch #11  
Dads 600 has stuck clutch. I’ve tried all the tricks and haven’t been able to free it.
It’s kept indoors.

/ stuck clutch
I am amazed when I hear about somebody that leaves an expensive piece of equipment outside exposed to the elements. The only time my tractors get rained on is when I'm headed to the barn to put it away.
I remember when I was a kid, if I didn't put my bicycle in the barn at night, my dad would make sure it didn't happen again. I guess that's why I drive a 26 year old truck with no rust in the rust belt.
Extenuating circumstances. I live on a small Island in Maine and lost the only building housing my equipment. The tractor was further down the list of priorities so outside for three month's was my only alternative.

/ stuck clutch #13  
Most of the tractors on our farm lived their life outside. They came in for service and that was about it. Not the best way but when we were working fields 15 miles or more away from the shop it did not make sense to bring them back to the shop and go back the next morning.

Sometimes the clutches require splitting to get them free. Most of the time they will release.

/ stuck clutch #14  
What a block of wood between the clutch pedal and the cowl is for and some tractors will come with a hook arrangement to hold the clutch pedal in the release position. Kubota is one.

/ stuck clutch #15  
i have the shuttle shift transmission so i i just put the transmission into second or third and then use the stick on the left side that is forward neutral and reverse only. I used it a couple hours today and kept the clutch hooked up on the floor in hopes it might release but it didnt. I called the Kioti garage because the replaced the clutch last year and they figure i will need to separate the tractor again. VERY expensive because I have a cab. the clutch job was 4,000.
On my yanmar the friction disc took a long time to completely release because the input shaft floats in the transmission so the disc and input shaft tended to move as a unit. If I was you I wouldn't give up just yet. Lock the clutch pedal down and go for a drive in the highest gear with the throttle at max. Try to find some hills and go up them. Even if it takes a few hours it will be better than splitting the tractor.
Eric

/ stuck clutch #16  
What a block of wood between the clutch pedal and the cowl is for and some tractors will come with a hook arrangement to hold the clutch pedal in the release position. Kubota is one.
My Kioti DK came with a hook

/ stuck clutch #17  
Even my old long gone Massey had one. really no excuse for a stuck clutch. Wood block or hook covers 100% of dry clutch models...

/ stuck clutch #18  
I have a 2015 Kioti dk55 tractor and left it outside all winter. I can slip it into gear but can't get the clutch to dissengage! Please tell me i won't need to seperate tractor again. any tips greatly appreciated.
First of all, leaving your tractor outside does not make the clutch stick to the flywheel, and please do NOT drive it into a tree! I can't even believe people keep saying to do that!

I've freed up several stuck clutches on tractors and one dodge pu, here's a way that has worked for me EVERY time. Block the clutch pedal down, I use a piece of wood. Hook your tractor to something heavy, like a heavy truck. Have your buddy in the truck and then pull the truck out onto a back road and pull with the tractor in a mid to higher range gear.

Start pulling the truck down the road, and have your buddy ride the truck brakes enough to make the tractor work hard. This may take a while, but don't give up, you want the tractor to work hard so it will make heat and that heat will get the flywheel hot and that's what will break the clutch plate loose from the flywheel.

You can also use the brakes on the tractor to help make the tractor work too, like I said, it may take a while but it will work!

I hope this is explained clearly for you.

SR

/ stuck clutch
Iman you are amazed that someone would leave a tractor outside exposed to the elements. I am more amazed that you would own an expensive piece of equipment and worry about using it in the rain. I have owned a tractor for 30 years and not once in 30 years has rain kept me from doing a job! And congratulations on owning a 26 year old truck with no rust I'm sure your dad would be proud of you. Most of the comments on here have been very helpful but with all due respect, I found yours annoying at best. Have a nice day.

/ stuck clutch #20  
Mine was working in the rain yesterday!

Resized-20230429-153348-S.jpg

SR