Strange way to end up with a dead battery

/ Strange way to end up with a dead battery #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
I went to start the Kubota one day and had a dead battery. The battery was relatively new so I was hoping there wasn't a problem with the charging system or a short or something. As I hooked up the charger the emergency flashers lit up and started flashing. It turns out a feral cat had stepped on the push button switch and drained the battery. There were always cat prints all over the tractor. Who woulda thunk it? I bet that cat took off pretty fast too!

Kevin

/ Strange way to end up with a dead battery #2  
You know, Kevin, I had the EXACT same thing happen. Fortunately, I go down the driveway to check the mail every evening and surprise, surprise, there are the blinkers - blinking away. And the dam cat is sitting there in the tractor seat, pleased as all get out. It was a shock, at first, I thought somebody was trying to steal the tractor and didn't have the foggiest idea how to start it. Unfortunately, something "got" the cat a couple years ago so now its problems with mice & pocket gophers - not blinking lights. There was a muddy cat paw, slide mark right across the 'ol red blinker button.

/ Strange way to end up with a dead battery #3  
Cats or rodents, choose your fate. I'd select cats. Any rodents cats eat result in less cat food you have to provide.

/ Strange way to end up with a dead battery #4  
I have been tolerating a cat that thinks it lives at my house. I wish my wife would stop feeding it.:confused:
When I open the garage door it sneaks in, I leave and when I come back there are cat prints on my Harley. That's where I draw the line. :mad:
I know its an old cat and can't wait for it to die. There are plenty of other feral cats around to keep the rodent population down.

/ Strange way to end up with a dead battery #5  
It's a good thing they don't have opposable thumbs - then nothing would be safe.

/ Strange way to end up with a dead battery #6  
I went to start the Kubota one day and had a dead battery. The battery was relatively new so I was hoping there wasn't a problem with the charging system or a short or something. As I hooked up the charger the emergency flashers lit up and started flashing. It turns out a feral cat had stepped on the push button switch and drained the battery. There were always cat prints all over the tractor. Who woulda thunk it? I bet that cat took off pretty fast too!

Kevin

I have a humorous vision of a cat leaping from the tractor in flight!!!!!

I have a feral cat that hangs out in my machine shed at the farm. He likes to sleep on a towel placed on the tractor seat. I like no mice. I guess if necessary I'd trade a rare dead battery for that service he provides. :)

/ Strange way to end up with a dead battery #7  
ovrszd, I agree with you. I even have an automatic feeder that disperses feed two times per day to keep them there! If necessary, I can fix the battery easier and quicker then chewed wiring. Or wait until you get a packrat operating in your barn....

/ Strange way to end up with a dead battery #8  
I have been tolerating a cat that thinks it lives at my house. I wish my wife would stop feeding it.:confused:
When I open the garage door it sneaks in, I leave and when I come back there are cat prints on my Harley. That's where I draw the line. :mad:
I know its an old cat and can't wait for it to die. There are plenty of other feral cats around to keep the rodent population down.

As a Harley guy (Dyna Lowrider) I can only imagine how pissed I would be. I have two barn cats, but none of them have stooped to that level. Good for them, and me, because I like having them around. If that became a problem, I wouldn't have an issue taking care of it though..:rolleyes:

Chris

/ Strange way to end up with a dead battery #9  
Wipe the bike off! Apparently you haven't had real rodent problems.

/ Strange way to end up with a dead battery #10  
Dang coyotes and eagles keep getting the barn cats that show up. For some reason they can't seem to stay inside despite me keeping minimal food and plenty of water in there. There are plenty of mice so food is not an issue. The weasels do keep the mice under control somewhat and seem to avoid the coyotes and eagles.