Strange noise, hydraulic pump LK3054

/ Strange noise, hydraulic pump LK3054 #1  

RADIATION

Tractor
Kioti LK3054
Was working my tractor today, nothing out of the ordinary. 643hrs. 45°F.

I took the tractor down the road to another field. I was in 4th but wasn't running top speed. When I came back I heard this strange sucking sound. It only happens around 1100rpm.
Here is a video I took.

Any ideas?

/ Strange noise, hydraulic pump LK3054 #2  
Tough to tell from video. Do you have the aluminum pump? Do you have pressure? Do hydraulics work? Wonder if pump is going bad? Any external leak? Did you check fluid level? I know the aluminum pumps were prone to failure. You can check with a magnet.

/ Strange noise, hydraulic pump LK3054
Unfortunately it is an aluminum pump.

/ Strange noise, hydraulic pump LK3054 #4  
Have you serviced the hydraulic filter

/ Strange noise, hydraulic pump LK3054 #5  
Sounds like cavitation.... check your suction screen. And piping to the pump

/ Strange noise, hydraulic pump LK3054 #6  
I also believe it's cavitation. Probable cause is air leaking into inlet line, and/or restriction causing fluid to 'boil' on low pressure side of pump. Change or flush filter and inspect housing. Those little bubbles will erode the inside housing and gears of your pump. I had to change out my aluminum pump, but after 2000+ hours and I noticed the hydraulics were getting sluggish and weak. Your aluminum pump should last a long time once you figure out this problem.
Patrick

/ Strange noise, hydraulic pump LK3054 #7  
I agree with others probably cavitation. But if you end up needing a pump they offer a upgrade for your tractor to 10 GPM Pump. I did that upgrade on my 2554 and it made all the difference in the world with my hydraulics. I can get you the part number if you need it.

I agree with others probably cavitation. But if you end up needing a pump they offer a upgrade for your tractor to 10 GPM Pump. I did that upgrade on my 2554 and it made all the difference in the world with my hydraulics. I can get you the part number if you need it.
I have changed the filter last year. I haven't used tractor much since. I'll service the hydraulics and see if it stops. K5lwq, yes i would like to have that number if it's not too much trouble. Thank you all!

/ Strange noise, hydraulic pump LK3054 #9  
Here is a write up I did on my pump. Hydraulic pump.

The second post has the correct part number. Good luck!

Thank you!