Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow

/ Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow #11  
My fear with external mirrors is that using this tractor around my orchard would constantly knock them out of position. The john deere narrow had a small mirror in the cab that lets me see any approaching cars while traveling between vineyards with out having to turn around. I never used the mirrors for watching my implements as i found it easier to just turn around. Thats why i dont like the CNH vineyard tractors, their cabs are so very tight you cant turn around.

I didnt go with a loader on mine as i didnt need it ( i have a couple loader tractors already ). I do wonder if kubota limited their capacity because of how narrow these tractors are.

/ Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow #12  
This is what mine looks like. I had to get mud on it first thing so my other tractors didnt get jealous

ForumRunner_20120212_093135.png

/ Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow
My fear with external mirrors is that using this tractor around my orchard would constantly knock them out of position. The john deere narrow had a small mirror in the cab that lets me see any approaching cars while traveling between vineyards with out having to turn around. I never used the mirrors for watching my implements as i found it easier to just turn around. Thats why i dont like the CNH vineyard tractors, their cabs are so very tight you cant turn around.

I didnt go with a loader on mine as i didnt need it ( i have a couple loader tractors already ). I do wonder if kubota limited their capacity because of how narrow these tractors are.

Well at least the external mirror is retractable if I run into problems on our nominally 6 ft rows with 6 ft trellises. I really do like the amount of space Kubota was able to maximize on these narrow tractors, I'm 6'3" and somewhat over 200lbs and cab tightness did not appear to be an issue.

The dealer that I ended up buying from told me that Kubota doesn't offer a FEL on the 6040 narrow because of concerns about the width/weight of the tractor, but he and another local dealer (the main vineyard supplier here) offered to gladly put an after market loader on a 6040 for more $'s than a 7040 w/FEL. The dealer I bought from told me that Kubota was kind of leery about offering a FEL as an option on the 7040/8540, too; but knew they had to. My point is that with more weight, either in the frame, or elsewhere, and perhaps some kind of additional stabilization system, there is no reason why these specialty tractors couldn't be designed to fill the full range of their standard uses. Regardless of how many tractors or how many $'s a vineyard operation has the standard tractor operations include: spraying, groundwork, and loading. It would only make sense that a tractor designed for this use, have the capability to do the job efficiently - on all models. In the meantime, I use forks front and back on my tractor to move bins; and use my forklift to load them.

This is what mine looks like. I had to get mud on it first thing so my other tractors didnt get jealous

View attachment 251212

Nice tractor, your front-end weight cost quite a bit less than mine.

I'll try to get some pics up after I finally get it here. If I were to take it out in the vineyard right now, you probably would only see it from the frame on up sticking out of the mud. In a fit of cabin fever, I sunk my 3830 for about 2-weeks a couple years ago.

Was that a scratch I saw on the bucket??!! Just messsing with you. NICE looking rig! Didn't know they made "narrow" tractors, but makes sense.

Deano

It'll be scratched soon enough, but I did a double take on a scuff mark already.

/ Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow #16  
Have you looked at the John Deere narrow tractors to compare how their loader specs out compared to the Kubota? I didn't because it didn't interest me but I am curious now. New Holland has a loader for their vineyard tractors as well. I know the standard John Deere and New Holland F series are a little wider then the Kubota (I'm thinking in the 52-54" range but am not positive) so its possible their loaders are rated higher (not that it helps you now).

I do like cast weights, its easy to add or remove weight as you need it. I plan to take all the weights off and see how it does and put them on only when I need it (like around harvest).

/ Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow #17  
Sweet New Bota! You will defiantly love the cab with our beautiful Oregon weather. :thumbsup:

Have you looked at the John Deere narrow tractors to compare how their loader specs out compared to the Kubota? I didn't because it didn't interest me but I am curious now. New Holland has a loader for their vineyard tractors as well. I know the standard John Deere and New Holland F series are a little wider then the Kubota (I'm thinking in the 52-54" range but am not positive) so its possible their loaders are rated higher (not that it helps you now).

I do like cast weights, its easy to add or remove weight as you need it. I plan to take all the weights off and see how it does and put them on only when I need it (like around harvest).

New Holland actually makes a 43" vineyard tractor Agricultural-Tractors New Holland T4000V - Models, technical data and characteristics.

I didn't research John Deere, mainly because I didn't want to pay the price premium for the color, especially when it seems to me they haven't been in the vineyard market for as long as Kubota.

I've seen way more Landini's than Deere or NH, in our area; but based on presence, service, parts, and price/performance, Kubota is by far the vineyard market leader. And, I prefer dealing with the devil I know...

Regarding weight, my 3830 with loaded rears is much lighter, somewhat higher, and smaller wheel base than the 7040 narrow, and it performs well on my degree of sloped ground. So, I'm not expecting any issues with regard to general stability or operating the FEL, but we'll see...

Sweet New Bota! You will defiantly love the cab with our beautiful Oregon weather. :thumbsup:

Really looking forward to it. As you know, in the Willamette Valley we seem to have three seasons: the most beautiful spring weather anywhere (when we have it); the hot, dry summers (when pollen count, dust, heat, and spraying make a cab worth it); and the 6-months of 40-50" rainfall, when a crawler would be necessary to do much mechanically in our vineyard.

/ Stopped By Dealer To Pet Our New M-7040 Narrrow #20  
New Holland actually makes a 43" vineyard tractor Agricultural-Tractors New Holland T4000V - Models, technical data and characteristics.

I didn't research John Deere, mainly because I didn't want to pay the price premium for the color, especially when it seems to me they haven't been in the vineyard market for as long as Kubota.

I've seen way more Landini's than Deere or NH, in our area; but based on presence, service, parts, and price/performance, Kubota is by far the vineyard market leader. And, I prefer dealing with the devil I know...

Regarding weight, my 3830 with loaded rears is much lighter, somewhat higher, and smaller wheel base than the 7040 narrow, and it performs well on my degree of sloped ground. So, I'm not expecting any issues with regard to general stability or operating the FEL, but we'll see...

I know about the V series, I dispise them as you can't move inside them and you have to twist just to get in to the cab. The F series from NH is narrow as well but is a little wider and is what I see them offering the loader on. CNH also has a tractor thats in between the V and the F as far as width and thats what they sell through their Case-IH dealers.

John Deere has had narrow tractors for quite a while. They started them back around the 40 series if I recall (not positive but before the 5000N line came about). The Deere narrow tractors are actually very nice tractors. But they charge a premium. Kubota never really had a presence in any of the farms around here and it was always Ford/NH followed by John Deere the last 20 years. NH's quality seems to have dropped as the guys buying their vineyard tractors are not happy with them. So that, coupled with the poor local NH dealer and guys changed over to Deere. The M8200 Narrow was never popular here and I only ever recall seeing one in any of the farms. However, in the last couple years Kubota has made a huge step in this area and your seeing more and more Kubotas and less and less NH's. The day after mine showed up a couple of my farmer friends stopped in to look it over. They have been running standard tractors with special ordered, narrow tires because of the cabs and when they saw how nice the 8540 Narrows cab was they are now looking to buy one. The flat deck is whats selling them over the New Hollands. Even the Deere has a slight hump but not bad.

NH really needs to update their tractors or release a new version with a better cab.