Stolen Tractor - New Holland TC 45

/ Stolen Tractor - New Holland TC 45 #21  
   / Stolen Tractor - New Holland TC 45 #22  
After having had thieves come down my driveway while we were sleeping, and steal my motorcycle, I'm investing in wheel locks for things like our UTV and tractors. Example: Amazon.com
Doubt that would take longer to defeat than cutting a catalytic convert out....
Cordless tools were a game changer.

/ Stolen Tractor - New Holland TC 45 #23  
After having had thieves come down my driveway while we were sleeping, and steal my motorcycle, I'm investing in wheel locks for things like our UTV and tractors. Example: Amazon.com
That looks to be made of sheetmetal.

/ Stolen Tractor - New Holland TC 45 #24  
guy in ohio had a tractor stolen last year. 6 months later the law found it while investigating something else. Hope they find yours.

/ Stolen Tractor - New Holland TC 45 #25  
Back in the mid 90's, our shop was broken into. Took a bunch of my co-workers tools. He got a call a couple of months later from the sheriff's office.
When the SO called, they asked for him by name. Found the tools in a garage a few miles from the shop. They were investigating a car theft ring. Guess he had put his ss# on some of his tools and that is how they located him.

/ Stolen Tractor - New Holland TC 45 #26  
Whoever stole it had to have a large enough trailer to haul it so it may no longer be in the local area.

/ Stolen Tractor - New Holland TC 45 #27  
Doubt that would take longer to defeat than cutting a catalytic convert out....
Cordless tools were a game changer.
Sadly, that's hard to dispute, esp. re cordless angle grinders. I had no idea how capable those things were until I bought one myself, and cut through a 1/8" steel plate like it was butter.

Most affordable crime-prevention devices nowadays can only stop the garden-variety thief. Stuff that really works, e.g. LoJack, requires treating your tractor like a Ferrari, and paying for a subscription GPS tracking service.

I'm a geezer who grew up where front doors weren't locked, even if folks went on vacation. All this is just tragic and heartbreaking to me.

/ Stolen Tractor - New Holland TC 45 #29  
I'm a geezer who grew up where front doors weren't locked, even if folks went on vacation. All this is just tragic and heartbreaking to me.
For years the locks on our doors were opened with a skelteon key anyone could buy at any hardware store.

/ Stolen Tractor - New Holland TC 45 #30  
Sadly, that's hard to dispute, esp. re cordless angle grinders. I had no idea how capable those things were until I bought one myself, and cut through a 1/8" steel plate like it was butter.

Most affordable crime-prevention devices nowadays can only stop the garden-variety thief. Stuff that really works, e.g. LoJack, requires treating your tractor like a Ferrari, and paying for a subscription GPS tracking service.

Still refuse to lock doors, or take keys out of machines. Granted there is a pack of giant dogs running about, my job is to protect them.